It’s Been a Year
So this is day 366 since my first contribution here. Given the number of times I’ve suggested someone do an introduction, and also a few recent references to those of us “regulars” that never did an intro, I figured it might behoove me to do an introduction.
So we are Scott+Zelda, a mid-30’s (not far from “late-30’s”) married couple with four young kids (≤10). We have been married 13+ yr now. Scott is the primary poster, and originally our username was just “Scott” before Zelda started being involved at times. We’d like to preserve some anonymity, but I’ll share some random highlights about us in the bullets below. Many are things we’ve/I’ve shared before, but a few are new.
- We are each others’ first everything–boyfriend/girlfriend, kiss, sexual contact, intercourse, etc
- We both grew up going to church. Scott’s family was a decent Christian example but a bad marriage. Zelda’s was the opposite–a good marriage example without following Christ closely.
- Scott’s extended FOO is loaded with divorce and infidelity, which definitely has affected his confidence as well as his siblings’.
- We have an awesome story about how we first met–almost Disney-movie quality. However, it’s so unique and well known by people who know us that they’d instantly ID us if we posted about it, so it’s not going to be disclosed. 🙁
- We have kids of both sexes
- We are both ISTJ in Myers-Briggs. Beyond that, we are very similar in lots of things–hobbies, formal occupation training, height, and other physical characteristics (skin color, hair color, etc.)
- Both of our families live very far away, and most of our friends have moved away, so we’re often alone with our kids with little help. We’ve haven’t had a calendar day together without our kids since they were born.
- Things we like to do include endurance exercise, hiking, video games, and reading.
- Both of us have advanced formal training in a STEM field. Scott is still in it, but Zelda is now a homeschooling mom (and loving it!)
- We’re both pretty nerdy (especially Scott). Our current favorite movies are the Marvel ones. Current favorite game is Mario 35.
- Shared many times here, but we started with a vibrant sex life (unfortunately starting with non-intercourse sex acts while we were dating). It dwindled down for over half a decade but was resurrected a bit over a year ago and is now better than ever. 😀
- Scott likes to research things (a lot) prior to making decisions. This includes things like sex toys, so he likes sharing that knowledge here.
- As part of his researching, Scott had done lots of reading, but eventually articles/stories stop being as informative (diminishing returns), so jumping to TMB was a great next step in learning/getting answers.
We’ve enjoyed being a part of this community, learning tons while giving back too. Hope to see it continue that way!
I never did an intro either, though I feel like I could copy at least half of Scott’s. It’s been so great regularly hearing from someone with so much in common in the marriage and sex arena. You are a valuable friend Scott, even though we’ll never meet or know each others’ identities (at least not this side of eternity).