Newest but single member
Hello everyone here, I am a new member and yes I am single. Someone suggested this platform to a couple on one Christian forum I’m in and I decided to check it out. I am loving this because
1. Everyone here is sex positive. This is kind of new for me, I grew up in environment where they’d rather not talk about sex and when I was sexually abused as a child I really couldn’t talk about it. My views on sex have always been that it is dirty and unclean
2. Sex is pleasurable; I don’t really think that sex is pleasurable, I mostly associate sex with the pains and guilt I felt from being molested.
3. Sex is God’s gift to human. I used to think it was just not something good
4. Everyone here is kind and understanding. Even though I am not married I feel this platform can be a safe place to vent my fears and emotions.
5. This also strengthens my want for a God centered relationship. A relationship where we can pray about everything and anything, allow God to lead us, heal us and fill us.
Hopefully I would have personal sex stories to share when I’m married.
Welcome, glad to have you here. The “new board”, starting the spring of 2019, now allows singles to participate. We have had some in the past; I don’t know if any are currently active. Regardless, you can certainly learn a lot here, though you may want to use careful judgment in avoiding some threads, as they may not only be useless to a single person, but even harmful.
Also, I think it was mentioned on your other thread, but please be especially careful with private messages (PMs). There are wolves out there that will attempt to prey on who they perceive to be weak, including and especially singles. Some of those wolves may appear in sheep’s clothing.
Welcome! I pray that God will use every means he wills to heal you of the pain of your abuse and that he will prepare you to be whole and healthy and a Godly wife when he reveals to you the husband he has in store for you. I pray that when you know who he is, you will be drawn together so tightly, bound and blessed by God, that nothing and no one can separate you!
As Scott said, do be aware of the wolves, and use good judgement about what threads to read. I know it is tempting to read everything, but don’t make the wait any harder on yourself than it has to be!