PSA: Reporting & Rights
People, fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, if you are concerned about something, if something feels off, if you get red flags…. REPORT things to Dale, the Board Czar.
He may be limited on what he can do, but he needs to be made aware of things. He is one man, who can’t have eyes everywhere on everything. Silence is not always the most honorable thing to do….a Shepherd doesn’t let sheep be lured away and devoured by wolves.
Also be aware of your own “rights” and actions you can take….
- No one has to answer any question they are uncomfortable with or deem inappropriate.
- You do not have to reply back to a PM.
- Voting has its purposes, it allows the better, and in this setting God-honoring appropriate answers to be upvoted, while those that are bad, can be downvoted. Sometimes giving up a couple of points is worth it.
Thanks for these reminders, SC.
As she said, please feel free to report any suspicious behavior or inappropriate PMs or posts to me. I usually try to deal with things within 24 hours. It helps a lot when everyone keeps their eyes open and their wits about them when posting. 🙂
Beginning at “King Bed” (750+ points) you are able to “Downvote” questions and answers.
With an increase of trolls (several rooted from the same person), this is a prime opportunity to use your Downvoting power.
Why take this active step, even though it will cost you 2 points yourself, rather than just ignore them?
- It keeps them from being able to make comments. Once they can comment, they can say anything and no user can upvote or downvote their comment.
- It keeps them from being able to PM (private message). In PM’s they can harass others, and they tend to go after those they see as “weak” to draw them into conversation for their own titillation purposes AND to draw the other into sin.
- It keeps them from being able to “upvote”, which they use to “upvote” their other alter-egos, to give themselves more access.
- It may give others a heads-up that there may be something “off” with this user.