Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

All the Sex you could Possibly Want!

What science can tell us about sex.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Re: All the Sex you could Possibly Want!

Post by Irnmyk »

Link+Zelda wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:37 am
Claymore wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:08 pm I don’t know that it would fix anything, but more sex could be the beginning of a virtuous cycle. More sex leads to more intimacy, to deeper connection, to better sleep, which leads to more energy, to better mood, leading to better attitude, more affection, to more sex . . . onward and upward.
I definitely agree with this. We've seen many stories here where that's true for people who did the seven-day sex challenge (or something similar). In general, there are a lot of positive feedback loops in the MB, and you want those feedback loops working for you, not against you. The biggest issue is getting both spouses on board at the start.
I definitely agree with this too. I have some positive feedback to present.

This Covid interlude, working from home for almost a year and a half now, no more commutes, gyms closed and those that have reopened at reduced rates, etc., etc., plus our personal situation, empty nester's, HRT and TRT driven libidos, has lead to more sex - much more than we ever had or could have had with our former lifestyles and schedules - and it has worked out just like @Claymore outlined above.

I can see a change in myself. I am different now that I get all that I want (and maybe more than I want.... contemplate that... or maybe that is more than I can handle....). I am more generous, more willing to do things that I would have previously resented being asked to do. In fact, I'll volunteer to do things that now surprise me when I do.

Sometimes it is just because the doing of them will require me to be in her presence, and that is a wonderful thing. Sometimes, it is just because of the joy of doing for her. Doing for her seems to have intangible rewards for me, so it follows the @Claymore cycle.....

I thought that @Claymore was absolutely prescient with his statement above.
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

Beccaloo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:25 pm In a conversation recently it was asked:

What would happen if the LD/gate keeper/refusing spouse gave the HD/ wanting spouse as much sex as they wanted?

My head would explode and I'd be in bliss. ::spin ::luv
Beccaloo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:25 pmWould it fix anything?

YES! Sex is a STRONG emotional aspect of our marriage (for me) so I'd be getting those emotional ties physically which is the whole cake and the icing and frankly what I expected from marriage in the first place. I'd be bonding with him that much more! That's bliss! ::clap
Beccaloo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:25 pmWould the HD spouse reach a point of satisfaction that lead to more spacing between sexual events?
Probably not. I always have ideas that just don't turn off of what we can do together. One time we actually tried to go every day of the week and it was so fun (for me).
Wife of 20 years
olafthewise
King bed
King bed

Post by olafthewise »

Yeah the power she has to wield sex as a motivator for the husband is a weapon poorly used and clumsy as well. Revenge and "just not feeling it," get in the way.
My wife in years past hinted that sex would happen more if I was a nicer person. Nicer dad, nicer husband, etc. I felt that I was a nice guy and studious too. She disagreed. So therefore, its my fault I don't get more sex, or any sex for that matter. When that excuse wears out, she's ill but does many things for the kids. And the result is simply an endless moving target that can never be reached.
Like many women, my wife wants me to be...like a woman...soft spoken, nice all the time and cries when people lack empathy.
Its like blind poker; no matter the hand, I lose. She wins and sleeps soundly. (but complains she didn't sleep amidst her snore, and therefore sex has to wait)
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Beccaloo wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:25 pm In a conversation recently it was asked:

What would happen if the LD/gate keeper/refusing spouse gave the HD/ wanting spouse as much sex as they wanted?

Would it fix anything?

Would the HD spouse reach a point of satisfaction that lead to more spacing between sexual events?.
While I’m not with a gatekeeper, I am with an LD spouse right now who chooses to bless me. It brings us closer together emotionally. I feel loved. Both of us sleep better. We actually act like a pendulum trying to find equilibrium, sometimes swinging one way then another based on life, a “disagreement” :? :roll:, my own stupidity or selfishness, or being married and in love. We could go days or much of a week without sex and then have multiple encounters on the wknd to make up for it or we could pace things out during the week. My point is that we both come to a satiation point, when enough is enough, emotionally to feel full ::praise and physically to feel empty :D (Which has definitely changed with age).
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

Yes, I think it would be great for marriage. My wife is LD than I am, and a bit of a gatekeeper.

Return to “The Science of Sex”