Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Effect of Position on Physical Pleasure

What science can tell us about sex.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
SamanthaRose
King bed
King bed

Re: Effect of Position on Physical Pleasure

Post by SamanthaRose »

I've read many times that the fornix is a great spot for female pleasure.  DH and I  have been trying different positions trying to stimulate it, but we haven't had any luck yet.  But it's still fun to try! :)
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

I have not noticed that any position feels better than others. We have a few that work for us and we both like then all. One of them definitely speeds things up, but it doesn't feel any more pleasureable. I think it just hits the right spots more accurately and therefore is faster.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

I have noticed that while I love "regular" missionary, when he pulls my legs up (one at a time or both) and puts them over his arms or shoulders, it increases the physical pleasure for me. It causes my body to squeeze him a little tighter and allows him to press deeper into me. To do the exact same position from the side of the bed, however, often feels awkward. I think this is what you were asking?
GeorgeB
King bed
King bed

Post by GeorgeB »

for some reason, rear entry positions are the most pleasurable for her, by a significant amount. Neither of us is sure why. Her favorite of all time is the "Leg Slider" position, which combines rear entry plus a different sensation of entry, since my penis is "sideways." Of course, WOT is another big favorite because of increased clitoral stimulation, plus modified missionary, if I move up and engage her clitoris. So yes, position matters to her for pleasure.

For me, increased pleasure has mostly to do with the view, so reverse cowgirl and doggy are probably my two favorites for increased pleasure.
C.S. Lewis on Sexuality and Heaven: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away weapons they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."
SamanthaRose
King bed
King bed

Post by SamanthaRose »

We've done that position before, I like it :) Its a good thing that site had a written description, the picture didn't help me at all lol
Horseman1978
Double
Double

Post by Horseman1978 »

Positions that I create more pleasure for DW are simply about her comfort. If she's comfortable and capable of relaxing, then she will have the greatest potential for pleasure, but beyond that, she doesn't have any that hit anything special. The only time she expresses strong preferences is when she's warning me to avoid nailing her cervix, but that's in nearly any position, and it's really just an issue if minding my depth and not causing pain.

For me, positioning comprises a combination of factors. If I'm seeking visual stimulus, then positions that provide a nice view certainly increase my pleasure, but if I'm craving intimacy, then more intimate positions check the requisite boxes.

If she offers me a "round two" or the rarer "round three" and I'm having difficulty "finishing", I frequently get on my knees with my feet splayed to the side and lean back, which stretches my core and my joints; for some reason, that combination of mild pain from the intense stretch almost instantly puts me over the edge. I cannot explain it, but we know it really works for me.

Cheers,

-Horseman1978-
Chris_C
Single
Single

Post by Chris_C »

My wife probably gets the most pleasure from doggy style and it is definitely my favorite too. We try to incorporate this position at least once when we have sex.

Return to “The Science of Sex”