Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

6/11/21 - how do you roll…

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

6/11/21 - how do you roll…

Post by newwifenewlife »

When you drive, do you ride with the windows up or down?

Or do you enjoy a motorcycle or convertible as your ride which makes a windows discussion immaterial?

BONUS: Name a song (or two) you play while rolling with the windows down?
Last edited by SeekingChange on Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky

END FIRST POST

CTim
Double
Double

Re: 6/11/21 - how do you roll…

Post by CTim »

Mine routinely come down the last three or four miles on the way home. That's when I hit the hills and the winding back roads.

No on the bikes and convertibles. Nothing really against them, but they just don't make economic sense to me with a large family and limited funds.

There can be no debate on best songs: 😁
1. Country Boy Can Survive - Hank Jr.
2. Dixieland Delight - Alabama
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

95% of my driving is in my car where I get to make the window choice. DW NEVER drives with the windows down, ever - allergies and what not.

Answer - only in mild weather, typically not on the coldest or hottest days. See my comment in the "music" thread about heat transfer. Depends upon the optimum heat transfer solution - whether windows down is aiding the A/C (or heat) or impeding it.

I most often drive with the windows down in warmer weather returning home after a serious session at the gym where I am literally sweated down and where the outside air circulation has a beneficial cooling effect on my body.

I listen to whatever is on the FM radio, mostly. If on a long trip, away from civilization, out of radio range, I'll listen to Satellite Radio. But in all cases, it is generally Classic Rock. Sometimes talk radio, but less of that these days.

When I got satellite radio years and years ago, I got it for one reason because of the yack on the local stations, especially talking over music. After a time, the satellite channels began to put DJ's who yacked and yacked about inane topics in which I had absolutely no interest, so I switched back to FM where at least the DJ's yack concerned local affairs that I could relate to.

Is that complex enough answer to a simple question? Did I score the bonus points?
Graypoet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Graypoet »

Windows up or down is temperature driven. Being a gear head with a Ford Mustang as a toy, I drive it with the windows down. I enjoy the sound of the exhaust system, it is louder than stock.

No convertibles or motorcycles in our garage.

Drive time music includes:
- Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf
- Small town by Mellencamp
- Mustang Sally by Wilson Picket
- All Summer Long by Kid Rock
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 2
MiddleMan
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by MiddleMan »

Windows down a lot, unless something is driving my allergies crazy.
RandB
Single
Single

Post by RandB »

Long trips in the Cherokee; windows up, A/C on, Bluegrass Jct or 60s channel on XM. Fun driving is in my 1951 ex-military M38 Jeep; no top, no doors, no radio.
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

We typically have windows up with heat or air on depending on season. We do ride with windows down occasionally but, I don't really care for the strong wind blowing in my face.

We listen to whatever is playing on the classic rock station.
LuckyInLove
King bed
King bed

Post by LuckyInLove »

I was certain this was going to be about toilet paper 😂

We generally have the windows up because it’s either freezing or sweltering here.

A song? Well, my husband and I think playing ‘Ridin’ Dirty’ with the windows down is hilarious, but our humor is not for everyone.
bandaddie
Single
Single

Post by bandaddie »

I am, primarily, a biker. I have a mini-van for harsh weather and those occasions when I must haul people and/or cargo.
My wife loves riding as a passenger. I lift her up onto the seat and we go.
We have logged over 160,000 KM together.
We both love it for the same reasons; shared experiences, fresh, open air, physical closeness.
She admits to being turned on by the feel of a large displacement V-twin under her.
A couple of years ago, a "concerned" friend was highly critical of us, chastising me for "forcing my wife to ride" and chastising my wife for riding when she can not walk. My wife responded, "No, I can not walk. But when I am on the back of our motorcycle with my husband, I am flying. I am sorry for you that you can not fly."
So far as me forcing her to ride; she is the one who picked out and purchased our latest ride.
bandaddie
Single
Single

Post by bandaddie »

RE: road music;
when riding bike, the music of the road and that bike motor feeds our souls.
when in the mini-van; we have SiriusXM. We listen to whatever may be on the 50's. 60's and Classic Rock channels. Mostly, we listen to the channel which re-plays the radio shows from the 1930's through 1959. These shows are a great deal of fun and come from a time when Hollywood was not polluted by communist politics and was built on highly imaginative writing rather than social stereotyping.

Return to “Question of the Day”