Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/10/2021 - Do you and your spouse dance?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SLS
King bed
King bed

03/10/2021 - Do you and your spouse dance?

Post by SLS »

One of my favorite quotes from Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is...
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 wrote:
Drax: "There are two types of beings in the universe. Those who dance, and those who do not."

Star-Lord: "I get it, yes. I'm a dancer, Gamora is not."

Drax: "You just need to find a woman who is pathetic, like you."

S-L: "Thanks, buddy."
So do you and your spouse dance? Have you taken any dance classes or is it just spontaneous movement to the beat of the music?
Last edited by Link+Zelda on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky and OP will stay at top of each page.
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

END FIRST POST

Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Re: 03/10/2021 - Do you and your spouse dance?

Post by Twue_Wuv »

So is the whole no-dancing Footloose thing still a thing in some parts?
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
TinyTim
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by TinyTim »

Twue_Wuv wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:59 am So is the whole no-dancing Footloose thing still a thing in some parts?
Not so much as a community banning dancing. I will see pockets of different groups holding firm to no dancing.

As for me and my wife, we both grew up on churches and Christian schools who were against dancing. We know of a few pastors who will not marry a couple of there is a dance and a couple of pastors who will conduct the ceremony but leave the reception right before the dancing starts.

Our families don’t have dances for our family events out of respect of other family members and friends. But in the whole we have no prohibition of dancing. My wife and I might at the homeschool prom if we are chaperones and at home. Also we have danced at a few weddings of relatives. We both can waltz and simple polka - state dance don’t ya know.
Tracker
Double
Double

Post by Tracker »

Wow I had to post.

When you have a partner that both feed off the lead of the other oh my mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Tracker on Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LuckyInLove
King bed
King bed

Post by LuckyInLove »

I love to dance with DH at weddings, reunions, charity events, etc. I’m certain I enjoy it more than him, but he’s always a good sport about it.
Sygoonda
Double
Double

Post by Sygoonda »

Yes we dance occasionally. At weddings, or if out to hear a band play .
When I was single, I went to singles dances a few times.
MiddleMan
Double
Double

Post by MiddleMan »

My wife would love to dance, but I just can't seem to get it. I grew up Baptist, so dancing wasn't part of our culture. We went to a swing dance thing and neither of us could catch it as quickly as the young folks there. We looked up some YouTube videos here at home and tried it, but we haven't stuck with it like we should.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I love to dance and I love doing line-dances and such at weddings. DW will when we're at home (mostly slow dances)...but she's more self-conscious about her abilities when out, especially at wedding receptions.

Some days we're gonna take some ballroom dancing lessons as an activity date.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

We had a lot of school dances and dancing at private parties when we were teenagers, but our slow dancing amounted mostly to "hug and spin". I have tried over the years to get him to learn something a little more elegant for the rare but memorable occasions that we get a chance to enjoy some dancing at a posh event, but he's happy with hug and spin, calling it a classic. We tried a salsa lesson once at a local college. My poor DH spend the whole evening apologizing to co-eds for stepping on their toes. He thinks he has no rhythm. I think he just needs the right teacher. (Not me. I need a really good teacher too!)
Emerald
Cot
Cot

Post by Emerald »

Yes! Dh used to feel very self conscious dancing, so it was super rare. Now he enjoys it, so occasionally we’ll gather with friends and have a dance, or just dance together on the deck if the sun is shining. :)
Claymore
Double
Double

Post by Claymore »

I dance, but DW does not. Funny thing is, one of the experiences that brought us together was the time I gave her a dancing lesson before we dated.

Her sister does dance, though. She and I danced one time at a new year’s party, and that was the only time I have ever danced with a loaded gun. (Neither of them knew I was carrying.)

Return to “Question of the Day”