Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/15/2021 - One Year of COVID-19

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

Link+Zelda

03/15/2021 - One Year of COVID-19

Post by Link+Zelda »

For many of us, this past week was the one-year mark from when COVID-19 upended our lives.

How has the pandemic affected the various areas of your life--work, church, social, family, mental health, physical health, etc? What have been some unexpected blessings? What have been some unexpected hardships? What is one major "normal" thing you're looking forward to once it's available again?

*Note: please, please, please, no politics on this thread, explicit or implied.
-Link+Zelda

END FIRST POST

TxGuy
Single
Single

Re: 03/15/2021 - One Year of COVID-19

Post by TxGuy »

For many of us, this past week was the one-year mark from when COVID-19 upended our lives.

How has the pandemic affected the various areas of your life--work, church, social, family, mental health, physical health, etc?
Well, in my state my job was deemed essential and so I’ve worked every day just like before. Until the PPP hit some of my employees had their hours cut back. Once it was in place even they were back to normal. Our biggest hardship was oil dropping to $19 a barrel, not the virus. Church was down for a bit with online only but we quickly moved to open service again. We did not shy away from family and I work in the town my parents live who are in their mid 80’s. I did shopping for them to keep them out of Walmart. Still had family get together with our children and grandchildren.
I have dealt with a alcohol addicted DW for nearly 12 years so this was a cake walk for me. I commented many times that I was so thankful that God blessed me immensely and I never felt stressed, depressed or mentally fatigued. God blessed us both at our jobs and we both got raises during the craziness.
Covid went thru our shop and I had a slight fever for one day. Since my employees had all already had it, I went back to work immediately.

What have been some unexpected blessings?
Blessings came in working normal hours and even being blessed by raises.

What have been some unexpected hardships?
None to report.

What is one major "normal" thing you're looking forward to once it's available again?
As we are open and the mask mandate is lifted we are back to normal. We never wore masks and the businesses we frequent did not require them. We were determined not allow this mess to steal our joy or stress us out and live normal lives. We still went out to eat with friends and even took a weeks vacation. God is good, all the time.
Proudly married for 24 years. Through all the ups and downs we are blessed to be together.
EECOM
Double
Double

Post by EECOM »

Nothing for us changed much due to covid, my job is in manufacturing, and things don't get made if we aren't there to make them, so after an initial shutdown at first we went back to work and never stopped.

2020 was full of a lot of problems in my family's life, but non directly caused by covid.

I would say the biggest impact was the behavior by my fellow Christians on both sides of pretty much every debate on anything having to do with the pandemic. I've never seen such disrespect and disregard and horrid name-calling for differing opinions amongst believers in my life. My personal feeling is that us Christians had a grand opportunity to truly show the love of Christ, caring, compassion, and common sense, and we blew it big time over our quibbles about masks and shutdowns and politics.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

EECOM wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:06 pm I would say the biggest impact was the behavior by my fellow Christians on both sides of pretty much every debate on anything having to do with the pandemic. I've never seen such disrespect and disregard and horrid name-calling for differing opinions amongst believers in my life. My personal feeling is that us Christians had a grand opportunity to truly show the love of Christ, caring, compassion, and common sense, and we blew it big time over our quibbles about masks and shutdowns and politics.
That is a WHOLE LOT of TRUTH!!!

Return to “Question of the Day”