Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

Post by SeekingChange »

Since we just entered a new season, it leads me to ask these questions...

What season did you marry in?

And is there any particular reason you chose that season for your wedding?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

Link+Zelda

Re: 03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

Post by Link+Zelda »

We married in the summer.

It worked well for traveling relatives, which were pretty much all our relatives (and most of our guests total). It's also an improved chance of good weather here, and given our work/stage of life at the time, summer made a lot of sense for avoiding work-related problems.
-Link+Zelda
Doug
King bed
King bed

Post by Doug »

We married in early winter, but the season really didn't play a role in choosing the date. We really hadn't set one, and might have waited longer, but I came down on orders for an overseas assignment. It made sense to marry before, rather than waiting another year.
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

We married in late Summer. I proposed to my future wife in January, and early September was the earliest time we could get a place for the reception, reserve the church, etc.
CTim
Single
Single

Post by CTim »

Over the Christmas holidays.

My wife is a teacher and we didn't want to wait until the next summer.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Spring. It was as early as we could with everything & everyone else involved. We were trying to give us the Summer to adjust as a family since her kids were previously homeschooled and would be entering public schools as well.
Happily married
King bed
King bed

Post by Happily married »

We were married in the spring (18 years this March). At the time, my wife was the Administrator of a retirement community handling condos, apartments, assisted living, and dementia units. It was either get married in the spring or wait another six months until fall. That six month period of time put her in what is called the survey window in which the state can show up at any time for their annual inspection which typically happened in the summer and lasted a week. Whatever findings by the state required weeks of follow up to enact action plans to address any citations. Rather than wait, we got married!
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

SeekingChange wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 pm Since we just entered a new season, it leads me to ask these questions...

What season did you marry in?

And is there any particular reason you chose that season for your wedding?
Early winter. It was to be the following summer.

I was convinced by my late dear father to try and move the day up. Smart man. DW agreed and the rest is history.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Post by Twue_Wuv »

We married at the beginning of summer because I was originally going to be a school teacher and we didn't want our anniversary during the school year. I am not a school teacher, for what it's worth.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

We married in summer. It was the one weekend between my husband working camps all summer and the fall semester beginning.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

Return to “Question of the Day”