Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

Post by SeekingChange »

Since we just entered a new season, it leads me to ask these questions...

What season did you marry in?

And is there any particular reason you chose that season for your wedding?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

benny
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: 03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

Post by benny »

We were married in the spring just before Easter. It was around spring break so after the kids came it worked nicely for spring vacations/anniversary trips.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

We got married the week before Fall arrives here. I didn't realize that until I noticed the pattern that every year when we left for our anniversary/vacation it was still summer and when we got back it was fall, just like our honeymoon. We chose that day because my DH had a car loan and we wanted to start off married life with no debt other than the house we were building, but we also had to work around trade shows my family business is heavily involved in. We specifically scheduled around all of them...and then the organizers changed the date for one of them. My dad suggested we change the wedding date, but he was overruled! (Too many plans had already been made.)
It's funny how fall has become my favorite season. :)
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

December,

It was when I could get time off from work and when the wedding halls had openings. Between Rahmaddan and Christmas, a lot of couples had not planned weddings and booked up the facilities.
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

We married in late winter. It was the one week dh could get vacation and we didn't want to wait until summer.
intrepides96
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by intrepides96 »

We married in the middle of summer and had an outside wedding. It was blazing hot standing outside in that tux!

We chose that time since it was after I had just finished all of my college courses, graduated, and started a new job all within 2 months prior.
Stack
Single
Single

Post by Stack »

Early Summer. As soon as college summer break allowed! :D
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

Thanksgiving week. DW and I both had school age younger siblings, and that was about the first opportunity that all could get the time off enough to come to the wedding after we became engaged (in the late summer). If there had been any other major holiday earlier, we would have gotten married earlier.
MiddleMan
Double
Double

Post by MiddleMan »

Spring (Memorial Day weekend) because it was the first weekend after college classes finished.
SLS
King bed
King bed

Post by SLS »

Serafina and I got married in the summer. There were several considerations but the main one was we weren't taking classes then (i.e., summer break ).
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Hiswifeagain »

We married in summer. No particular reason the first time, except that I graduated high school and we didn't want to wait longer. The second time we married in the summer was because we didn't want to have 2 different anniversary dates and it happened to fall on a Saturday that year. ;)
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Return to “Question of the Day”