Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

Post by SeekingChange »

Since we just entered a new season, it leads me to ask these questions...

What season did you marry in?

And is there any particular reason you chose that season for your wedding?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

Link+Zelda

Re: 03/23/21 - What season did you marry?

Post by Link+Zelda »

Hiswifeagain wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:01 pmThe second time we married in the summer was because we didn't want to have 2 different anniversary dates and it happened to fall on a Saturday that year. ;)
Your two marriages have the same anniversary date?!?!? 🤯 Wow, that's crazy and probably makes for some good jokes!
-Link+Zelda
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Hiswifeagain »

Link+Zelda wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:35 pm
Your two marriages have the same anniversary date?!?!? 🤯 Wow, that's crazy and probably makes for some good jokes!
Just a couple😉. Usually along the lines of he’ll never forget your anniversary. (Why is it always the husbands that get blamed for forgetting anniversaries?🧐

It really felt like a blessing because I so deeply regretted my actions that led to our divorce the first time we married, like redemption. A second chance to be the wife God wanted me to be the first time. 😀
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

Hiswifeagain wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:29 am
It really felt like a blessing because I so deeply regretted my actions that led to our divorce the first time we married, like redemption. A second chance to be the wife God wanted me to be the first time. 😀
@Hiswifeagain,
I'm fascinated by your marriage story. So cool! This probably doesn't happen too often. Praise God for how it all turned out in the end and for second chances!!
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
HerKnight
Double
Double

Post by HerKnight »

Summer - mainly because I was coming back from a year away overseas and was going to college in the fall. Gave us time to get married, honeymoon and pack & leave.
MrsNerd
King bed
King bed

Post by MrsNerd »

The middle of summer, an evening. I’m remembering that it was a busy wedding year and our church was booked through the spring and early summer. Summer is rainy season in the southwest, so no outdoor wedding would’ve worked. Sure enough, thunderstorms when leaving the reception.
Thankfully, we had about four weeks married til school started up again.
*~אני לדודי ודודי לי~*
Lookin2Him
Double
Double

Post by Lookin2Him »

For us, late summer just before the start of school. I proposed in the spring and with Future Wife being a teacher, it was either that or wait over a year!! :shock: (That would have been tough. For multiple reasons.) So we did a simple, but nice wedding with time for us to have a few weeks together before she got super busy. I was moving to her location from where I lived during our long distance relationship, so I didn't have a job yet in her location. I think it was the best choice to marry rather than burn.
RandB
Single
Single

Post by RandB »

We were married in June, 53 years ago this year, a month after I graduated university. We’d been engaged a full year and were more than ready.
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

My answer is like RandB's. We married in this month so Spring and it was soon after college although our engagement was less than a year. Had I listened to my mother, we would have been engaged for 5 years!!! :o :shock:
Wife of 20 years
Viking69
Double
Double

Post by Viking69 »

We married one week before Christmas. It was 6 months after we graduated high school! We would have done it quicker if we could have! We were barely 19, and we are working on 33 years of marriage!
Married to the love of my life for over 32 years!

Return to “Question of the Day”