Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/24/2021 - Little Acts of Affection?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SLS
King bed
King bed

03/24/2021 - Little Acts of Affection?

Post by SLS »

What small and quick things do you and your spouse do to express affection in your marriage? Quick pecks, hugs, little love notes, etc.?
Last edited by Link+Zelda on Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky and OP will stay at top of each page.
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

END FIRST POST

Link+Zelda

Re: 03/24/2021 - Little Acts of Affection?

Post by Link+Zelda »

I make sure she gets the "best" servings of food every time. That means the slice of pizza 🍕 with the crust most to her preferences, the middle cinnamon roll from the pan, the non-end slices of garlic bread 🥖, etc.

Sometimes we'll use paper towels torn in half for our napkins. Once, I unevenly ripped the paper towel and made sure to consciously give her the bigger one, putting her before me. Her response was "do I get the big one because you think I'm messier?" Sometimes, I can't win to save my life (yes, she was joking)!
Last edited by Link+Zelda on Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed a typo.
-Link+Zelda
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Hiswifeagain »

Link+Zelda wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:38 pm

Sometimes we'll use paper towels torn in half for our napkins. Once, I unevenly ripped the paper towel and made sure to consciously give her the bigger one, putting her before me.
We do that too. Glad to hear we’re not alone🤣. You sound very much like my dh that way.

We have this way of walking up to each other that we both know it means we want a hug. I don’t quite know what’s different about it than just walking up when we aren’t looking for a hug, but we both do it and we both recognize what it means.

We also tease each other a lot, in a fun way, not a mean way.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

SLS wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:21 pm What small and quick things do you and your spouse do to express affection in your marriage? Quick pecks, hugs, little love notes, etc.?
I would not call this quick, but I rub her feet and back and arms, etc. while we take in the latest Hallmark movie @threesacrowd wants to watch.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I make coffee for her in the morning. In other words, she prepares it the night before and I press the start button. :lol: (I drink my caffeine cold.) Actually, many times I will also bring her a cup when it's done brewing before I leave if she needs to get up.

We greet with a hug and kiss and I'll regularly come up from behind and give her a hug and kiss on the neck or head...without expectations or a boob grab. (Of course, there are other times when breast cuppage is also a part of that hug from behind.) :D

-Hugging with a kiss on the forehead.
-Put gas her car on occasion
MrsNerd
King bed
King bed

Post by MrsNerd »

DH brings me things he knows I like (food or drink), tries to keep my vehicles filled up with gas, isn’t a big hugger but allows me to give them to him (a big deal because he lets me in his bubble).
I try to prioritize time with him, rubbing his back, making him breakfast when he’s home in the morning for a rare day off.
*~אני לדודי ודודי לי~*
Doug
King bed
King bed

Post by Doug »

MrsNerd wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:22 pm אני לדודי ודודי לי
Had to translate that. It is a beautiful way to express that sentiment. Might have to get a tattoo. Would that count as an act of affection?
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

He is far more expessive than I, as Physical Touch is his love language and he is a servant by creation. When reading @Link's list, that's him. He hugs, kisses, holds my hand or has his arm around me, sits right by me when he can, gives rubs/massages, will leave notes, verbalizes his love, praise and appreciation, cleans the car off for me when needed, and on and on.

I know this sounds weird....but it's an act of affection to receive those, allow them and to reciprocate. The biggest thing I do that's at my initiation is scratch his back and lightly rub my fingers over his chest/abs through his hair.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

DH gets a hug and maybe a kiss from me, every morning. He never initiates that. But, every night in bed, I get a couple kisses from him and I never remember to initiate that. He always gasses up the vehicle. He offered to order a couple heavy duty flower planters for me, online, since I can't find what I want in stores. Lol he does little things for all my hobbies.

I feel like I do so little for him. I mean, yes, I cook and clean for him and do all that. I compliment him and also help him with jobs outside that he hates, but I don't mind. But since they are yucky, dirty jobs, he won't ever ask me to help. I just offer and he loves that.
Emerald
Cot
Cot

Post by Emerald »

My dh is awesome. He pauses whatever he’s doing whenever I walk in a room to say, ‘hey beautiful’ and kiss me. He makes coffee every morning for me. He’ll come to my workplace if it snows during the day to sweep off my car. He joins me on boring little errands because he’s happy to spend time with me. There’s more that he does...much more.
I’m probably nowhere near as awesome, but I make sure to compliment him constantly to him and to others and to pass on to him anything good I hear about him. I flirt with him a lot, we don’t go anywhere without holding hands.

Return to “Question of the Day”