Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/29/2021 - Intoxicated by Spouse?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

Link+Zelda

03/29/2021 - Intoxicated by Spouse?

Post by Link+Zelda »

Proverbs 5:19 (ESV) says:

"...a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love."

Do you ever feel "sexual intoxication" for your spouse? Do you think this verse works in both direction, or just husband towards wife? If you do feel intoxication, does it start before, during, or after sex?
-Link+Zelda

END FIRST POST

Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Re: 03/29/2021 - Intoxicated by Spouse?

Post by Brynna »

i think it can go both ways. The times I would be sexually intoxicated by DH would be after sex, during the afterglow. Never before, or during sex.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

For me, all the time!!!' Sometimes different parts of her stand out to me and turn me on BIG time. Like I can't get enough of her _______ (fill in the blank), either a body part or activity.

DW? Not so much right now with menopause.
LuckyInLove
King bed
King bed

Post by LuckyInLove »

I’ve always taken the verse to mean that one should be as excited/obsessed/turned on by their spouse as they were when they first fell in love. Can be sexual or not. I know I am often ‘intoxicated’ to see my DH when he gets home or just watching him do something he enjoys.
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

The question is "sexual intoxication". And the answer is a strong YES!!!

And, based on her reactions to me, I think it goes both ways, that's a yes too.

But, in line with some of the rest of the responses, I don't think either of ours is limited strictly to the sexual realm. It's everything for me. I can get tingly all over looking out a window and seeing her all hunkered over pulling weeds out of the flower bed, knowing that she is giving that task the same TLC that she gives me.

There's a different type of intoxication for the before, during and after - each neat and wonderful in its own right, but each distinctly different than the others. No way the way we lay for sometimes hours snuggled closely in the afterglow is anything akin to the activities preceding our sexual engagement(s).
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

Brynna wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:35 am i think it can go both ways. The times I would be sexually intoxicated by DH would be after sex, during the afterglow. Never before, or during sex.
@Brynna, this is true for me too. Any sexual intoxication comes during the afterglow period.

I am mostly intoxicated by the man that he is. The way he treats me and others. That he always tries to do what's right and what's best for everyone around him without ever thinking of himself first.

That is one of the sexiest things in the world to me :)
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

If I can take my husbands words and actions for what they are, it would appear he is intoxicated with me.

"Intoxicated", "exhilirated", "ravished" (words used to interpret the Hebrew word) are not words I would really describe myself of frequently feeling, anywhere in life. I have felt them for my husband, but they are in the rare high times, it's not something I feel often.....I am more of a steadfast type.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Post by Twue_Wuv »

Brynna wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:35 am i think it can go both ways. The times I would be sexually intoxicated by DH would be after sex, during the afterglow. Never before, or during sex.
That sounds about right.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
benny
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by benny »

For me as soon as the foreplay gets heated I get into what I call the "zone". It's a passionate frenzy where everything becomes sexual. While in the zone I've discovered new things like a desire for AP and other things I never thought of. It's probably a good thing my DW is more conservative sexually or I have an embarrassing reputation and maybe even a criminal record lol.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Last edited by benny on Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

I am definitely sexually intoxicated by my DW, and tell her this every chance I get. After 30 years of being her spouse, I still look forward to each marriage bed encounter as if it were the first.

I am also deeply grateful for her entire person; she is kind, thoughtful, and works very hard for the good of our family.

Return to “Question of the Day”