Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

03/31/2021 - What do you do to heighten emotional connection during sex?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SLS
King bed
King bed

03/31/2021 - What do you do to heighten emotional connection during sex?

Post by SLS »

What are some things that you and your spouse do to heighten the emotional connection during sex? Saying your spouses name? Changing pace or position? Conversations? etc.
Last edited by Link+Zelda on Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky and OP will stay at top of each page.
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

END FIRST POST

Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: 03/31/2021 - What do you do to heighten emotional connection during sex?

Post by Hiswifeagain »

We will stare into each other’s eyes, but sometimes that just becomes more intense than I can handle. We do sometimes have conversations but I’m not sure that it’s for the purpose on intensifying the connection. Usually it’s bringing an element of fun but I guess that does at some level increase the connection. 😉
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

- talk about life, dream, reminisce about memories even past sexual experiences we’ve enjoyed together BEFORE we get physical
- Look into each other’s eyes.
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

We converse a lot more than we ever did.

For years, it was sex, just sex, good sex, do it, enjoy it, get through it, get it over, but that's it.

Now we discuss what we are feeling, enjoying, mentioning what we like what we see when we look at various aspects of the act or parts accompanying the act.

She's quite verbal, a screamer, so when we really get into it, her screams of delight really mean a lot to me. I'm not so vocal about my reactions, but am getting better. She is bringing that out in me.

So, we are more apt to be discussing the various things that we are experiencing on those occasions where she is not "O"-ing than when she is, because when she is, the chat is over, and any conversation is more like "I love what you do to me" as part of the screaming.

I have said, and I continue to say that communication is a key element in all of this.
benny
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by benny »

Lots of touching and caressing mixed lots of with "I love you's" and telling her how beautiful she is usually does it for us.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

Looking into each others eyes, saying I love you's and lots of passionate kissing does it for us.
wbeck135
Single
Single

Post by wbeck135 »

Much passionate kissing and doing things we know the other likes, specifically. Kissing the right spot or touching the right place, especially while looking into the other's eyes are fantastic! That makes everything else even better, deeper, more powerful, which is more fun for both of us. And it lasts for what seems like forever! :)
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

I can't specifically think of anything we do during sex to heighten emotional connection. That would seem a bit forced. We just go with the flow and have a good time and feel connected.

For us, it begins before. Yesterday we heightened emotional connection by cleaning out the storage room together. That's not why we did it, but emotional connection happened to be a side effect. That's the kind of thing that does it for us.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I don't do things to heighten emotional connection for myself, sex does very little towards emotional connection for me, but there are some things that when it does organically happen during sex, it does heighten emotional connection.... for me, laughter is the thing that stands above anything else.

I know my husband would have a completely different answer and perspective.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

I change the pace and prefer one position to heighten my emotional connection to him. This is a life saver for me when I feel extremely disconnected.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but speaking of emotional connections, DH can "set me straight" emotionally with one position. :shock: I thought changing someone's mood with sex was a myth. Shocked me to no end. I would like to use that aspect of sex more ( :twisted: --> *gets some good good from DH--> ::two ::luv2 .... :lol: )
Wife of 20 years

Return to “Question of the Day”