Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

4/2/2021 - Who is the nerd and who is the free spirit?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

4/2/2021 - Who is the nerd and who is the free spirit?

Post by newwifenewlife »

Who is the nerd and who is the free spirit in your marriage? How does that display itself?

EDITED TO ADD: How does that display itself?
Last edited by newwifenewlife on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

END FIRST POST

LuckyInLove
King bed
King bed

Re: 4/2/2021 - Who is the nerd and who is the free spirit?

Post by LuckyInLove »

I’m with SC; we’re neither! Now if you’re talking control freaks . . .
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

I've been trying to think how to answer this. I think @LiL did it for me. I have a technical degree and career, but she, while not a technical degree, has one that demands meticulousness - which she displays in our home.

We are both control freaks, but I've tried to be wise enough through the years to keep that separated in our respective domains.

Since the home is her domain, I support her in that and am glad that I don't live in an atmosphere that I know I would if I were (still) single. (Batched for a lot of years.)

The one thing that I will absolutely not complain about is the amount of toilet paper that is kept in our house. When a bachelor, with "put it off" tendencies, I'd soon run out of any kind of paper at all, napkins, paper towels, writing paper, whatever - wiped with all of it - before I'd get desperate enough to go out and replenish the TP. So, if that's nerdy of her, (along with other similar examples I could cite), I'm all for it.
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

I don't think either of us is really a nerd. He would definitely be the more free spirit or adventurous.
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

The nerd part of me will point out that 'nerd' and 'free spirit' are not orthogonal basis vectors, meaning that a 'nerd' can have some of the qualities of a 'free spirit' and vice versa. Assuming they are orthogonal, I would say that I am about 90% nerd and maybe 10% free spirit.

DW is more like a 50/50 mix.
tentsofpurple
King bed
King bed

Post by tentsofpurple »

We are are both nerd and free spirit in different aspects/areas

I am a scheduler and planner, he is a wing it, be spontaneous type
I am a saver, he is a spender
I am an adrenaline junkie who can come up with some harebrained (but fun!) schemes he is more safety minded (but to be fair is usually up for most things that can be made safe)
He will try any food at least once, I have a larger list of "ew" foods
I was a straight A student who still loves learning and reading, he did well in school but dislikes reading and studying I am not good at fixing things, he can fix/build/MacGyver anything.
I am big picture and results oriented, he is detail oriented and observant
I am verbal processor (aka talk a lot) and and extrovert, he is an internal processor (aka usually quiet)

I could keep going but we balance each other well.

Return to “Question of the Day”