Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

4/14/2021 - Who is the "Romantic" in your marriage?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SLS
King bed
King bed

4/14/2021 - Who is the "Romantic" in your marriage?

Post by SLS »

Of you and your spouse who would you describe as the "Romantic" in your marriage. How do you define a "Romantic"?
Last edited by SeekingChange on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

END FIRST POST

benny
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: 4/14/2021 - Who is the "Romantic" in your marriage?

Post by benny »

I'm definitely the romantic one. I plan all date nights, sex play and mood settings. She just sets back and enjoys the ride ...

My definition of romance is a focused activity to share an intimate moment or experience. An action to deliberately cause one to reflect on their relationship

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Last edited by benny on Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
California King
California King

Post by Ron »

Definitely me in our marriage. I buy flowers, plan date nights, give the wife massages etc. I do all that, she rarely does. Male, 60.
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Post by Twue_Wuv »

My wife is. I must type another sentence for this post to go through.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

SLS wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:56 pm Of you and your spouse who would you describe as the "Romantic" in your marriage. How do you define a "Romantic"?
@threesacrowd is the sentimental one, I am the romantic. DW has kept wilted roses in our bathroom before I'm sure for the pleasant memory those bring to her. I am the one that likes to light a candle (s), more likely to write a love text, I plan our getaways, date nights and fill our vases in the house with flowers. It is just the way God created us, there is no good or bad about it, no right or wrong about it. It just is what it is.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I am. I'm the sappy one, the one who remembers the most "firsts" and wants things to go just right. I like to plan surprise activities or events, the little tokens of affection.

Although...my DW pulled a good one on me the other day, we'd been on the edge of the emotional cliff with teen stuff and life's curve balls along with each of us misunderstanding what the other needed at times so we were emotionally off. DW came to the office and brought me a Reese's candy bar which had strategically placed it next to her body under her shirt. :o When she came in, she placed my hand on her clothing so I could feel the candy bar along with the body part it was next to. :o It was clear if I wanted the it, what I would have to do. :D (Yep, she gets me!)
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

Since I'm the one who plans things ahead of time to surprise and delight him, I'd say I'm more prolific, but he does surprise me as well so we're both romantic.
Wife of 20 years
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

We are both romantics in our own way. I do more of the sweet talk, every day small gestures.

He is better at planning the big "surprises" on anniversaries and other holidays.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I think of "being romantic" in gestures and words....in that definition, he is.

In a fantasy, ideal dream-state....I think I am.

I tend to appreciate romance better on others, for whatever reason (I have my theories), it doesn't seem to fit well on me.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

We are both romantic in our own ways. DH remembers all the firsts, either in his head, or from his journal. I get flowers, cards, and gifts at all the right times. He found the perfect Mother's Day gift a month ago, so he bought it, 'because it looked just like me' and gave it to me. I told him I would wait til then to open it, so he remembers and doesn't buy another gift for me!

I am more romantic in the 'physical touch' department. He gets romantic little gestures here and there, and way more hugs and kisses than I get from him. I also give him cards and some gifts, but yes, sometimes his card might be late. Dates other than anniversary and birthdays are mostly lost on me and it doesn't matter to me like it does to him. (What's interesting is how one of our children has inherited that gene. I imagine DH was just like that when he was young.)

Return to “Question of the Day”