Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

QOTD - 3/24/20 - How would you react

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
SeekingChange

Re: QOTD - 3/24/20 - How would you react

Post by SeekingChange »

I think it's normal and though I can understand why you keep wishing it wasn't so, it's part of how we are created. Have you ever considered why you are drawn to look/watch? I know for me, I am a people watcher in general, and I like to study people by observation. I have always been one to look at the dynamics of a couple and watch how they interact with each other. It's very interesting to me, so why would their sexual relations be any different? I also was one who looked at individuals to learn what is "normal", like in the jr high locker room ..."this is happening or developing with me, am I the only one?" (I know we shouldn't compare ourselves, but it's partially how I had to learn.)
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Oldbear
California King
California King

Post by Oldbear »

I would be a bit embarrassed (with a qualification - next paragraph) and Mrs. Oldbear would be mortified! In another post, I mentioned how a deer nosing around our pool at dusk when she was very randy with me, sort of drew a line in the sand for her. She figured that if a deer could walk up on us then who else could do so. Fact of the matter - we had a very private pool area. I loved skinny dipping with her and fooling around.

My degree of embarrassment would depend on the reaction of the person or couple. If they showed understanding and appreciation, my embarrassment would melt away. OTOH, if they reacted in ‘horror’ I’d remain embarrassed.

This sorta happened last summer. It was early evening on a beautiful, warm summer day. We’d just showered and Mrs. Oldbear and I were sitting on our secluded deck in sleep wear (boxers, only, for me and a summer gown on her) with our light robes draped and open around us. A best friend couple, called out as they walked up the stairs (hidden wrap-around) giving us just enough time to close our robes around us - untied. The look on their faces was surprise and a bit of embarrassment - for them sneaking up on us. Because we know each other quite well, the conversation quickly became normal and they stayed for 30-45 minutes. However, it was perfectly clear that they assumed we had been enjoying a romantic moment that may have led somewhere. When they left, it sorta revved my motor for Mrs. Oldbear knowing that they ‘knew what was going on’ and gave their full approval without saying a word!
Crazydaddy
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Crazydaddy »

I'm a lot like SC. I love to watch people in all aspects of life. Human behavior is a very intriguing thing. I like to watch small behaviors and try to understand what they mean. So, Scott, I admit I'd most likely watch for a while too.
luvabug99
King bed
King bed

Post by luvabug99 »

If we were discovered by someone we knew, my wife would likely be so mortified that we’d never do it in out and about ever again. Then again, she’s initiated many of these encounters so I could be wrong.

If we were discovered by a random stranger, I expect we’d cover up and hustle out of there, and as soon as we’re out of sight we’d be giggling hysterically and either finish in the car or at home.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

She'd be mortified even though you do this (seemingly) regularly? Is that not a consideration going in? Or is it the whole "inhibitions go away" thing?

-Scott
-Link+Zelda
luvabug99
King bed
King bed

Post by luvabug99 »

I think it’s an inhibitions set aside situation. And most of these have been while traveling.
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

We are not risk takers here, DH is even less so than I am. Furthermore, I am well aquainted with several janitors and would not risk it! DH has heard truckers' stories and refuses to do it in a vehicle or anywhere in public!

If I came across anyone having sex in a rather public area, I would be embarrassed for both of us! Maybe I am the only one who thinks like this but I would also be grossed out.
JLoydH
King bed
King bed

Post by JLoydH »

First thing is that I'd say goodbye to any thought of ever doing it again... DW would NEVER, EVER forget about being caught and would be forevermore remorseful about being so immodest .

Second, my reaction would depend on where we were when caught... if the "public place" is truly public in the sense that any reasonable person would expect enough traffic to possibly be caught, I'd apologize for my/our poor judgement. If it was a place like a large State or Federal Park (like a nature preserve) I would be less apologetic and chalk being caught up to bad luck.... probably grin and raise my hands and say "Guilty as Charged" after getting my clothes back on... make a joke out of it (while DW dies 1000 deaths of embarrassment.)

Like others, I would probably watch the other couple longer than I should and if possible, back away so as not be detected as a voyeur... and if they were in an "unreasonably public" place to be ML where young kids might discover them, I'd probably make enough noise to alert them to the possibility that they might want to find a more secluded place for their passion... and I realize that part of the allure is the risk of being caught.
Slipthegrasp
King bed
King bed

Post by Slipthegrasp »

I agree with JLoydH, that I would have to "say goodbye to ever doing it again."  We were kind of caught by her friends who walked in to our apartment one Sunday afternoon.  That was after I had been warned to close, lock, seal, bolt down...everything!  I would then have to major apologize to her.  I could not imagine getting caught by a neighborhood kid.  If it was his word against mine, I would have to own up.

There is a popular book out by a Christian author who says she was caught sunbathing in the buff in her back yard by a neighbor kid.

I was called to a jury but not put in the final seating for an exposure case.  I could not imagine being on trial for that....reputation gone, income gone, ministry gone...
Oldbear
California King
California King

Post by Oldbear »

My answer to the bonus question is two-fold. 1) If I came upon a couple in the throes of sexual intimacy and they were trying to be ‘private’ in a secluded spot I’d say nothing, and quite honestly I’d probably watch them and then draw away quietly. The reason I’d watch (for awhile) is my God created nature and my natural sin nature. The beauty of a man and woman in sexual unity is God-ordained balanced with what I do with it. Marveling is wonderful, lusting is not ok. 2) If I came upon a couple in the throes of sexual intimacy and they were doing so in a situation that they would be easily seen or found by anyone and in particular children, I’d speak clearly to them to stop and leave.

Return to “Question of the Day”