Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Photography tips

Games, lingerie, toys, taking photos, stripteases, fantasy, role-playing, bedroom ambience and sex outside of the bedroom (not overly public places).
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
David
King bed
King bed

Photography tips

Post by David »

I've enjoyed taking photos of my wife in various states of undress a few times.

However, my photography is distinctly amateur, so I was wondering if there are any resources people could recommend to help improve my skills?
I'm looking to use a fairly entry level bridge camera and whatever lighting is available in the house, so I'm not expecting professional studio photography.
GeorgeB
King bed
King bed

Re: Photography tips

Post by GeorgeB »

I’ve done a lot of photography of both my wife and/or myself nude over the years (by her request) and I have a few tips:

* Lighting: warm, softer lighting is good. Nothing overhead—from the side is better. Dimmer lighting that throws shadows is good, especially if she has body image concerns.
* Poses: there’s a trick to posing. Not just standing there, but certain poses are more seductive than others. High heels, bending over and staring over the shoulder back at the camera, straddling a chair, etc.
* Attitude—have fun, relax! If you drink, a glass of wine can help with inhibition
* post-production: use Photoshop if you can afford it, but GIMP is also good. This is important for removing blemishes, etc. you’ll both like the end results of this.

As for other resources, I’m sure you can find some resources on the internet for portrait and/or full body indoor photography that may help. Obviously, I wouldn’t search specifically for “nude photography,” but you can apply most of the same techniques for clothed model photography to private nude photography, while adding the advice above.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask other questions! I’ve worked as a professional photographer for a few years , so hopefully I can help.
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

Don't cut off the top of her head (or her feet if they are intended to be in the photo) and fill up the frame.
Beccaloo
King bed
King bed

Post by Beccaloo »

GeorgeB had a good list.

Things I've found to be helpful:
1) natural light is your friend, especially early morning or evening. I've had to get up early & set up a dark solid colored bed sheet in my bathroom with cloth pins just to get the soft natural light & cover up the fact that there's a toilet right behind me.
2) have her look up boudoir photo ideas on pinterest. That gives lots of ideas of different poses so she doesn't need to come up with them on her own. Have her give you a bullet list so you can read them out when she needs a reminder of what else to do.
3) Let her look at what you've captured after taking a couple pictures. Tell her what draws you to a certain picture. Her eyes, her lips, body language... etc. Her seeing you get excited about capturing her beauty will help her relax.
4) try using sepia tone or black and white for something different
5) be silly & start speaking to her like a french photographer & tell her she's your muse.
Good luck.
SLS
King bed
King bed

Post by SLS »

Beccaloo wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:28 pm 3) Let her look at what you've captured after taking a couple pictures. Tell her what draws you to a certain picture. Her eyes, her lips, body language... etc. Her seeing you get excited about capturing her beauty will help her relax.
I second what Beccaloo said about body language. Body language tells a story. My wife will pose in certain ways to elicit a sexual response not just because her naked bod = ::alarm but also because she knows what she is doing calls back to something I enjoy sexually or to specific sexual encounters.

In other words a wife posing by arching her back and sticking out her behind can say, "remember how much we enjoyed that time when I bent over over the arm of the couch and let you have your way with me"?
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

GeorgeB wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:04 pm I’ve done a lot of photography of both my wife and/or myself nude over the years (by her request) and I have a few tips:

* Lighting: warm, softer lighting is good. Nothing overhead—from the side is better. Dimmer lighting that throws shadows is good, especially if she has body image concerns.
* Poses: there’s a trick to posing. Not just standing there, but certain poses are more seductive than others. High heels, bending over and staring over the shoulder back at the camera, straddling a chair, etc.
* Attitude—have fun, relax! If you drink, a glass of wine can help with inhibition
* post-production: use Photoshop if you can afford it, but GIMP is also good. This is important for removing blemishes, etc. you’ll both like the end results of this.

As for other resources, I’m sure you can find some resources on the internet for portrait and/or full body indoor photography that may help. Obviously, I wouldn’t search specifically for “nude photography,” but you can apply most of the same techniques for clothed model photography to private nude photography, while adding the advice above.
This is a good basic list. Light can always be reflected with professional reflectors (not that expensive) or white poster board, aluminum foil or cookie sheets. A shop light or even flash light can be used for direct or indirect lighting and you can put wax paper over it to diffuse and soften the light.

Depth of field is also important to good photography which can be created via camera lens. Newer iPhones have a pretty interesting PORTRAIT mode to soften the background.

Subtle and suggestive is always fun because it leaves room for the imagination and while risqué, wouldn't leave as much embarrassment if discovered by another.

Photoshop or Lightroom is actually affordable now that it doesn't involve the initial jaw-dropping outlay for a solo copy or the Creative Suite like it used to because Adobe went to subscriptions-based software...just $10/month now. At the same time, there is some great photo editing software out there for simple things that are free or involve a minor output compared to an ongoing subscription service fee for Adobe.

Return to “Activities & Items”