Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Mutual?

What about masturbation by those who are married? This section is for talking about self-stimulation either alone or with your spouse. (Masturbation for children and singles discussed elsewhere.)
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Mutual?

Post by newwifenewlife »

What George and Link said. MS is taking care of each other and mutual MB is taking care of yourself in the presence of the other while your partner is doing the same. But I guess I’ve always envisioned it as more doing it across the room and watching each other. I don’t know why. DW & I have never done mutual MB.
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

I agree with Link. Masturbation is like suicide - you can only do it to yourself. You can assist someone or both do it at the same time, but you can't do it to someone else.

Of course at street level "I masturbated him/her" is common, so it gets confusing.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

While I obviously "agree with myself", I do wonder how definitions play a role. Take a look at the definition from Dictionary.com:

noun
  1. the stimulation or manipulation of one's own genitals, especially to orgasm; sexual self-gratification.
  2. the stimulation, by manual or other means exclusive of sexual intercourse, of another's genitals, especially to orgasm.
Definition 2 would be compatible with what GeorgeB and others said early in the responses. I do wonder if the definition has changed or expanded over time, and looking at the definition from other sources shows some scatter. So while I'll stick with my response, I can see how there's room for other interpretations out there.
-Link+Zelda
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

Link+Zelda wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:24 am Definition 2 would be compatible with what GeorgeB and others said early in the responses. I do wonder if the definition has changed or expanded over time...
Very much so. It's definition following usage.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code

Return to “Masturbation in Marriage”