Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Do you talk about your sex life with other people?

This is THE PLACE to discuss if something sexual is right or wrong.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
shortman
Double
Double

Re: Do you talk about your sex life with other people?

Post by shortman »

I don't have another male friend in my life close enough to me to discuss anything about our sex life and I would never have any conversation like that with another woman, unless she was my therapist. I don't think DW does either. If she does, I haven't heard about it.
As has been mentioned, I have often thought if she had a girlfriend or a group of women she was close to and could discuss married sex it may " broaden her horizons" some, but such is not the case.
MiddleMan
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by MiddleMan »

In general, no. But sometimes. My best friend did not marry until in his 40s, still a virgin. He married a gal about 10 years younger than him with a daughter. He said she has been very generous, and is always willing to have sex, but he has not been able to bring her to orgasm. I asked if he'd tried oral sex. He hadn't, but said he would. He lives out of country so I haven't been able to follow up. Seems an awkward thing to ask over chat. Much better to ask in person and they weren't able to come back last summer.

It does seem to me that among Christians, women talk more than men do. Not specifics perhaps, but generalities. I don't know, just from some of the things my wife has said. And another gal I dated when our best friends got married. He told me about the cabin and the view, but she told my girlfriend about the hot tub.
BHF
Double
Double

Post by BHF »

We talk about sex. A lot. The awesome thing is we've had friends with sexual issues approach us respectively as their first stop to getting help. Sometimes there's a physical issue, and they would approach the same-sex spouse, or sometimes they would ask as a couple. We love that they think our mind is always in the bedroom and that they feel comfortable enough to talk to us about it.

Adding: Rarely do we talk specifics about our bedroom though. We are very skilled at talking in generalities and getting some laughs.
Graypoet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Graypoet »

‪Excluding the TMB forum, I have never discussed our sexual activities with close friends and I’m sure that my DW hasn’t either. ‬Over time, I have heard numerous comments from coworkers or old friends but I’ve never commented on our MB. ‬

‪In considering this posted question, it would be a good local church ministry for young couples to have marriage mentors, an older mature couple that could mentor young married couples in all aspects of marriage. The women could talk thru issues, and the men could do the same. To be perfectly honest though, I’ve only met two couples that I would consider as a mentor for us. ‬
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 2

Return to “Okay, Bad Idea, or Sin?”