Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Shaving for Guys

Shaving, lubricants, penis size, breast modification, tats/piercing, etc.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
TheAccountant
Double
Double

Shaving for Guys

Post by TheAccountant »

Guys, for overall shaving. How do you get as closest of a shave as possible? I'm always left with on my face and down there. It's really challenging. Especially with my wife not caring for a scratchy face. Any advice?
TheAccountant
Double
Double

Re: Shaving for Guys

Post by TheAccountant »

Can someone on the admin team help me move this to body parts board?
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

TheAccountant wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:44 pm Can someone on the admin team help me move this to body parts board?
Done :D
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
CTim
Double
Double

Post by CTim »

I Just use one of those standard razors with four or five blades. Schick hydro quad maybe?
David
King bed
King bed

Post by David »

You'll probably find more helpful advice in a shaving forum, such as Badger and Blade.
However, some basics:
prep the skin - either use hot, wet flannels or have a hot shower first. This will open the pores
use proper shaving soap - not goop out of a tin, old-fashioned shaving soap or cream preferably applied with a brush
use a sharp razor - you don't need a multi-bladed thing, a DE works just as well, but the blades need to be sharp
use multiple passes - start by going with the grain, then go across the grain. For a closer shave, go against the grain, but be gentle as this can cause irritation
Oldbear
California King
California King

Post by Oldbear »

Trim with a hair trimmer equipped with various attachments to shorten all hairs as much as possible. Soften the area with warm cloth and lather well. Use a fresh, high quality, multi-blade razor blade. Avoid scraping or repeated shaving strokes over the same area. Immediately, apply skin aloe cream.
David
King bed
King bed

Post by David »

This guy's got some really useful advice videos https://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59
The focus is on facial shaving, but the principles apply to any body part. He prefers a double edge razor, which will have a higher upfront cost, and more of a learning curve, but works out cheaper in the long run. With practice, it's as good as a multi-blade cartridge.

The genital area is much more difficult to get a close shave on because of geometry and the fact that pubic hair is coarser than facial hair. If you want to be really smooth, then waxing or hair removal creams are a better bet.
gLOVE
Double
Double

Post by gLOVE »

I shave about every other day for ultimate closeness but that occasionally causes irritation so I just keep a eye on it.

First thing is I always soak in the shower for a few minutes, then I use a high quality shave gel. I use the titanium coated blades from Gillette I think.

Second tip is getting a erection! When shaving with wife in shower this is the easy part, otherwise I have to "stroke one up" 😉. When the skin is tight it's easier to get a close shave.

Third is moisturizer afterwards with a high end lotion, doesn't need much, just enough to soften and keep down irritation.

Even with this, it stills gets a little prickly. I have considered waxing but haven't crossed over yet..
olafthewise
California King
California King

Post by olafthewise »

The reality is that hairs grow. If you want good smoothness effect to where your partner is not "sandpapered" then plan for shaves to be around lovemaking for kissing and for "down there" I suggest the same but realize for guys, once you shave the groin around the shaft, you will have regrowth in a matter of hours. In order to reduce that effect to her down there, just plan it out. If its Friday and you're planning on some big time marriage bed activity, shave as close to bed time or towards your alone-time, as possible.
I recommend a blade for best shave wherever on the body, but while screen shavers are not as close, you don't damage/scrape the skin quite as much with a screen shaver.
On kissing your bride on arrival from a long day at work; turn your head sideways to avoid scraping your chin onto hers. Then upon showering you can shave and kiss her normal later.
Realize after many years of marriage, my wife will still complain about being sandpapered on her chin but men cannot have "baby skin" at all times so gotta get real. The fact that you are kissing her is good.
Also, skin is healthy as it grows hair so giving it a break and skipping a day or two is good for the skin. Plan for this appropriately as men, after all, women go through make-up, pretty dresses, tiny sexy panties to impress us men/husbands. The least we can do is plan our shaving with good timing.
Hint: don't tell her this stuff, just do it.

Return to “Body Parts & Body Care”