Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Sheila Wray Gregoire on Love & Respect

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
sd595
King bed
King bed

Re: Sheila Wray Gregoire on Love & Respect

Post by sd595 »

Nice to see your response FaithSeeker48!

Would you have seen this statement differently if it had been put differently:

“The cold hard truth is that men are often lured into affairs because they are sexually deprived at home”

Another way this could be written might be:

“The cold hard truth is that men who are sexually deprived at home will be weaker when it comes to the temptation of an affair."

I'm going to actually add to this and say that it can apply to both spouses and also applies to many things beyond sex.  A man whose wife doesn't believe in him will likely have more weakness for any woman who shows up believing in him.  A wife whose husband doesn't pay any attention to her will likely have more weakness for any man who does, and so on.

Anywhere that there is a need going unfulfilled is a hole in the armor for the enemy to exploit.
Emerald
Cot
Cot

Post by Emerald »

I know this is an old thread, I guess I’m resurrecting it because the Eggerich/Gregoire thing is continuing to unfold, and it makes me sad. I think Sheila has a lot of amazing teaching. I think showing women how to enjoy sex in their marriage will go much further than the old fashioned method of guilting them into it or by threatening that their husbands will have affairs. I’m angered by how many years I spent reading Christian marriage books that said this same thing, and none that directed me to my own pleasure, so I applaud Sheila being a voice of much-needed change. I’m disgusted by cancel culture emerging everywhere though, and I don’t like that it’s looking more like a battle than a discussion. I think the blame is definitely also on Eggerich’s side for standing by his harmful teaching, but I also don’t love everything about how Sheila is going about it. Just kind of sad about it all. :/
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Post by Dale »

This thread is locked. Please see here for the TMB statement about Sheila's book.

TMB Board Czar

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Blogs, Sites”