Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

No sex after pregnancy. What should a husband do?

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
hubster
Single
Single

No sex after pregnancy. What should a husband do?

Post by hubster »

We are expecting soon and we are so excited. We will have two under two so we will have a busy house! I look forward to it because I love kids. My question is, do you have any tips for a husband as he waits to enjoy sexual intimacy with DW as she recovers from pregnancy? Last pregnancy DW gave me a HJ  and some no clothes heavy petting but they happened only a handful of times in the span of two months of recovery. It was very difficult. DW is still getting used to touching my penis (married half a decade) and doesn't like to give me OS. I do not like to MB at all, but will if I feel like I'll explode.
olafthewise
King bed
King bed

Re: No sex after pregnancy. What should a husband do?

Post by olafthewise »

I would get a hobby. Real busy hobby.

Take part, change baby for her if she's out of it. Any help with baby chores can help her get rest and be available. Time the feedings at night. Go as late as possible with baby feedings to go 3 to 5 hours at night as baby sleeps. You change baby, she feeds, unless you do bottle or pump.

A baby is big responsibility and there is always new ideas that replace bad ones from other pregnancies. Friends/family may have better ideas as well.
sd595
King bed
King bed

Post by sd595 »

I'm going to advise against a hobby.  That is a mistake I made.  Be present.
Pookster
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Pookster »

Straight up, boob and lube!!!
Should be easy after pregnancy.
And it’s as close to intercourse as you can get.
hubster
Single
Single

Post by hubster »

Nothing like the trusy ol' #boobandlube!! It has worked well in the past for us.
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Post by Twue_Wuv »

I think you'll just have to be content and patient with the HJs and heavy petting like you got last pregnancy.  That's all I ever got after our pregnancies.  It's rough, but you'll survive.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
hubster
Single
Single

Post by hubster »

Good to know. The purpose of the question was to see how other couples handled it. Definitely, I will survive and can use that opportunity to love DW in ways that aren't sexual, such as filling up her emotional love tank which is more of a priority for her, and do as much work around the house as possible so she gets plenty of rest.
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Post by Twue_Wuv »

Good on you.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Crazydaddy
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Crazydaddy »

I can't really answer without seeming callous. Suffice it to say it took my wife and I roughly 6 months to get back to PIV after #1. It takes two to tango. She has sacrificed her body and health for 9+ months. Hubbies have to sacrifice for a bit too.
hubster
Single
Single

Post by hubster »

Hopefully the question didn't come off as me sounding like a jerk or a whining baby who can't wait two months for his DW while she recovers. Before getting married, I didn't factor in or even think about recovery time for postpartum. But now I know. You're 100% right, husbands must sacrifice too.

Return to “Pregnancy and Post-partum”