Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Dripping Semen

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Soldier4Jesus
Cot
Cot

Dripping Semen

Post by Soldier4Jesus »

What about dripping affecting getting pregnant? There is a pretty good amount of semen that doesn’t seem to be getting in, or very far in, that DW cleans up, about 80-90% of the time (maybe more often), and I’m concerned if it might be affecting trying to get pregnant.

Time might not be on our side, per se, as I’m 44 and she’s 34, but we believe in THE God of the impossible (and we’re not even in that “impossible” arena yet, being in our 40s/30s)!  😀
MoreBlessed
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: Dripping Semen

Post by MoreBlessed »

If you are trying to get pregnant then elevating her pelvis after sex will allow gravity to help the semen stay in the goal area as long as possible. Making love before bed and having her stay lying down would be helpful instead of making love first thing in the morning. Have you been taking her temperature and checking mucous levels and then making love when she is ovulating? (Look into Natural Family Planning books)
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

If you don't have other fertility issues, things ought to be fine. But there are those little things thay say that can help with success, which MoreBlessed mentioned some.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

One of the simpler recommendations is to have your wife lie on her back with her butt propped up on a pillow for about 20 minutes after sex. I always took one of our clean-up rags and sort of pushed it all toward where I wanted it to go. For this position to be helpful, make sure she doesn't have a tipped uterus, or it won't do a lot of good.

If you are expressing these concerns, I assume you have already done the early things: no more tighty whiteys, start taking pre-natal vitamin, possibly even chart her basal body temp. Infertility can be a long and frustrating road, so it's worth looking into every easy (and harmless) tip you can find just in case it's the one that helps. I'm not talking weird stuff, but if it's eating more of a certain veggie because it's supposed to be good for fertility, it's probably healthy in general.
David
King bed
King bed

Post by David »

Is it actually semen? Some of it is likely to be your wife's secretions rather than yours.
I'm not sure there's much evidence either way about this affecting probability of conception.
Ron
California King
California King

Post by Ron »

First time my wife got pregnant, she had stopped taking birth control and it took almost a year. Second time, she was pregnant within a month.
dc9
Double
Double

Post by dc9 »

I would say it's no problem. The most part of the sperm is in the 2 first spurts of ejaculation which usually lands deep in the vagina close to the cervix due to the urge to thrust the penis deep at the point of no return and during ejaculation. The rest of the semen is mostly fluid and less sperm. There's also a lot of fluid from the wife present whuck is likely to dribble out as well.

Our second child was conceived in WOT (where gravity definitely could have had an impact) on the bathroom floor. When could not just lay there for the night but had to get up and go to bed. Still he was conceived with a single sex session and one ejaculation.

We are made to conceive in every way. Don't worry about position and dribbling. I don't think it plays a very big role in the process. It's more important to relax, have fun and make love often during fertile days, although it's obviously possible to get pregnant with only one "shot"...
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

"The most part of the sperm is in the 2 first spurts of ejaculation..."

I learn something new every day!
-Link+Zelda
dc9
Double
Double

Post by dc9 »

I may be misinformed... I think I read it somewhere, but now I can't find it... If I'm wrong, I'm sorry for spreading false info... What I did find, though, is that the most VOLUME of semen is ejaculated during the first few spurts, but I think we all already know that from experience...
Soldier4Jesus
Cot
Cot

Post by Soldier4Jesus »

"Is it actually semen? Some of it is likely to be your wife’s secretions rather than yours.
I’m not sure there’s much evidence either way about this affecting probability of conception."

Thank you, David. It really has the scent and appearance of semen, but can a woman's secretions smell the same, perhaps?

I tend to agree there isn't much evidence either way, but could it be said that the more that gets into that "goal area" that "MoreBlessed" was talking about, provide more opportunity?  The "more the merrier", perhaps?

Return to “Pregnancy and Post-partum”