Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Still trying to figure out this post-surgery circumstance

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Still trying to figure out this post-surgery circumstance

Post by Duchess »

Thanks! I find myself really wanting to avoid doctors just because I had that period of time where it seemed like I was always visiting one or another, but I guess I will have to suck it up and go if it doesn't get better.
David
King bed
King bed

Post by David »

Sounds like it could be scar tissue, which would break down over time, hence the original advice to wait.

Having said that, it's worth getting a second opinion from a doctor who has actually examined you, not least because there may be treatments that could help it break down more quickly.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

Thank you!
MrsNerd
King bed
King bed

Post by MrsNerd »

Duchess wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:03 amThank you!
Has this persisted, Duchess?
What you described reminded me of what my provider called “skid marks” after I delivered a baby. Abrasions that were sensitive for a time afterward.
*~אני לדודי ודודי לי~*
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

MrsNerd wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:07 pm Has this persisted, Duchess?
It has improved. It is not 100% gone, but much better. Thanks for asking. :)
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Hiswifeagain »

Duchess, I’m an OR nurse ( I was an ER nurse for most of 20 yrs of nursing, but switched a couple years ago), often with vaginal hysterectomies the surgeon use a weighted speculum so I think you are right that the cause has something to do with stretching or it could be pressure on a nerve during the surgery that takes time to resolve. I’m glad to hear that you’re better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

Hiswifeagain wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:43 pm Duchess, I’m an OR nurse ( I was an ER nurse for most of 20 yrs of nursing, but switched a couple years ago), often with vaginal hysterectomies the surgeon use a weighted speculum so I think you are right that the cause has something to do with stretching or it could be pressure on a nerve during the surgery that takes time to resolve. I’m glad to hear that you’re better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you! This is very encouraging. I really appreciate your insider knowledge!

Return to “Menopause”