Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Advice To Prepare for Menopause

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: Advice To Prepare for Menopause

Post by Hiswifeagain »

Perimenopause can be a really difficult time with many women experiencing ridiculous levels of irritability Andy for some even rage for no rational reason. I thought I was starting to lose my mind.🙄

I’m 55 but I haven’t experienced normal menopause as I’m on bHrt. I recommend it for those that don’t have contraindications and are able to afford it.

One issue I do have is thinning hair and that is very troubling to me. I’m taking the usual supplements but it’s still a big issue😔
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

Thank you ladies so much for your insight!
Brynna wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:29 pm I have drastically cleaned up my diet, although it's not plant based.
Can you specify what you mean by "drastically cleaned up"?
Wife of 20 years
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

Violet wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:27 pm Can you specify what you mean by "drastically cleaned up"?
All my life, I ate a high carb, junky diet. It was loaded with sugar and other inflammation causing foods. I got to the point where I had to do something, especially since I knew I was intolerant to some of what I was eating. Also a couple of the children had a couple of intolerances, so we cleaned up the whole family's diet. We started eating a lot more veggies, fruit, and meat. We laid off most dairy and gluten foods. We didn't buy much for processed foods or junk foods, just ate too much baking and stuff like that. We also started including healthy fat. For myself, I still try not to eat many high carb foods, but I cook healthy ones for the family.
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

Brynna wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:51 pm All my life, I ate a high carb, junky diet. It was loaded with sugar and other inflammation causing foods. I got to the point where I had to do something, especially since I knew I was intolerant to some of what I was eating. Also a couple of the children had a couple of intolerances, so we cleaned up the whole family's diet. We started eating a lot more veggies, fruit, and meat. We laid off most dairy and gluten foods. We didn't buy much for processed foods or junk foods, just ate too much baking and stuff like that. We also started including healthy fat. For myself, I still try not to eat many high carb foods, but I cook healthy ones for the family.
Wow that sounds great! Thank you so much for sharing!
Wife of 20 years

Return to “Menopause”