Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Low Testosterone?

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
SeekingChange

Re: Low Testosterone?

Post by SeekingChange »

Thomas wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:08 am I’m 50+ and this is definitely true in my case, unfortunately :( But it remains a mystery to me that I have consistent morning wood, but when fully awake it seems impossible to get hard without physical stimulation. :roll: Is it similar for other guys here on the boards?
I realize I am not a guy, and we aren't over 50, but this subject is one that had a pretty large thread around it on the previous forum. It is actually what helped me with determining that my husband had low T (low-40's at the time), and helped me with my attitude around some of the issues we were facing back then, that's why I remember it so well. I share that to just say, from that thread, I can say this is a very normal thing, for at least the users back on the old forum.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

Thomas wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:08 am
He said almost no men get erects after 50 from just looking or thinking sexual thoughts.
I’m 50+ and this is definitely true in my case, unfortunately :( But it remains a mystery to me that I have consistent morning wood, but when fully awake it seems impossible to get hard without physical stimulation. :roll: Is it similar for other guys here on the boards?
This is true in my case as well. I have consistent morning erections, but rarely get one during the day without physical stimulation. The exception is if we have not had any sexual play for a few days, then I am likely to become at least partially erect at the start of sex play without touching.
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

Thomas wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:08 am
He said almost no men get erects after 50 from just looking or thinking sexual thoughts.
I’m 50+ and this is definitely true in my case, unfortunately :( But it remains a mystery to me that I have consistent morning wood, but when fully awake it seems impossible to get hard without physical stimulation. :roll: Is it similar for other guys here on the boards?
Morning erections are a result of waking up from REM sleep. We have erections during all REM sleep unless we are no longer able to have erecitons. Less common as we age, but still happens and it's the hardest erection you can get.

At 60 I can still get erect from what I think, but I have a very good imagination. (I used to able to give myself goosebumps by imaging chalk on a chalkboard). Occasionally Lori shows something that gets me going partway, but it's rare and on it's own won't result in a full erection.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
Thomas
Single
Single

Post by Thomas »

PaulB wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm Morning erections are a result of waking up from REM sleep.
It's generally assumed that the decline in erectile function with age is due to vascular factors. Why is it then that it's possible to get a rocking hard erection when waking up from REM sleep if the blood vessels were to blame? Puzzling...
At 60 I can still get erect from what I think
Regularly or occasionally? In my case (very close to 60 actually :) ) I do have this kind of erections, but very rarely, randomly and they seem totally unpredictable. I've never been able to figure out any possible explanations or cause for these favorable occasions... :?
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

And, I'll add one more thought to @Thomas' post above.

Those morning woods, in my experience are fickle. If one decides "let's take advantage of this "rock hard" thing, and begins sexual activity, it generally doesn't last - different response than when the erection was from normal means, manual stimulation or mental stimulation.

At least that's my experience.....
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

Thomas wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:20 am
PaulB wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pmAt 60 I can still get erect from what I think
Regularly or occasionally? In my case (very close to 60 actually :) ) I do have this kind of erections, but very rarely, randomly and they seem totally unpredictable. I've never been able to figure out any possible explanations or cause for these favorable occasions... :?
Random thoughts it's hit of miss. But if I wanted to get hard from thinking about my wife I could do so easily.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
ThatGuy
Cot
Cot

Post by ThatGuy »

I have heard about the connection between vitamin d levels and testosterone. After a couple weeks of intentional daily sunbathing, 20-30 minutes a day I feel much stronger physically and in sex drive. No idea what T levels were before and after.

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”