Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Important Announcement re: Sheila Gregoire book

News, happenings, and other stuff you might want to know about.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Important Announcement re: Sheila Gregoire book

Post by newwifenewlife »

SLS wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:08 am ...there are some things that are said in those books that are so clearly wrong that it isn't a matter of bias, it's a matter of being wrong and contrary to Scripture.
What books are you referring to?
SLS
King bed
King bed

Post by SLS »

newwifenewlife wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:22 am
SLS wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:08 am ...there are some things that are said in those books that are so clearly wrong that it isn't a matter of bias, it's a matter of being wrong and contrary to Scripture.
What books are you referring to?
Those that Shelia is critiquing.
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

Doug wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:22 pm I don't want to say that truth is relative, because I don't believe that. I guess the best way to say it is that not every truth is helpful to every person all the time.

If I was stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire and good spare tire, but no clue how to change a tire, it might be truthful to tell me that I needed new tires, but it would be a lot more helpful in that moment to just teach me to change the tire I already have. That would be the truth that would be most beneficial in that moment. That doesn't mean I don't really need new tires, just that I was in no position to address that at the time. Once off the side of the road, maybe that the truth about needing new tires would have more value.
This is such a helpful illustration, not just in this instance, but in so many others where it can seem that truth is relative. I have struggled with knowing truth is absolute, but not always knowing how to explain those seeming anomalies to myself or someone who is questioning. Thanks!!

Regarding this current SWG kerfuffle, I have been somewhat inactive here lately and know nothing about this latest instance. I participated in a survey she put out ages ago (maybe a year or so??) and recall the other time we discussed a controversy surrounding her. That is, I recall it happened, but not much more than that.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Duchess wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:23 am Regarding this current SWG kerfuffle,...
Someone's dating themselves...that or they're a "wordsmith". :lol:
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

newwifenewlife wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:16 am Someone's dating themselves...that or they're a "wordsmith". :lol:
I'd like it to be just the latter, but truthfully it is probably both!! ::rofl
HerKnight
Double
Double

Post by HerKnight »

GeorgeB wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:30 am Since you linked Shaunti's public statement, there may be interest in Sheila Gregoire's public response to that statement, which clarifies a number of important points.
This is a fascinating discussion. I, for one, am glad not so much for the disagreement, but that there can be disagreement without vitriol. These are discussions we need to have.

Return to “Board Announcements”