Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Anonymity for the Anonymous

News, happenings, and other stuff you might want to know about.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
SeekingChange

Anonymity for the Anonymous

Post by SeekingChange »

The TMB team has discussed an option we want to make available to everyone.

There are times that there are certain questions or situations one might want to ask or talk about, but aren't quite comfortable to do so on their own. Even though we are anonymous from real life identities, we become "known" in the community, and we might want to keep a certain something a little more private, but really desire others' thoughts and opinions.

If there is a topic that you would like to stay anonymous from your pseudonym/username, here's what to do:
  1. Start a PM, and in the Subject line write "Keep Anonymous", or something similar.
  2. Write your post as you would want it copied and shared.
  3. Select a Mod/Admin you are most comfortable with knowing/sharing it, and send it to them. You can select multiple Mods for a group PM, if you want a higher chance of it getting posted immediately.

Currently, there is:
    @Link+Zelda (male)
    @SeekingChange (female)
    @Dale (male)

4. If there's any further questions or information needed, there can be further PMing.
  5. It will be posted under the appropriate forum, with a note at the top that this is an anonymous question/post.

Important Info to Know
  • You're anonymous identity (username) will stay only with the Mod(s) you shared it with, unless otherwise specified or there's been permission to share it with another (i.e. other members of The Team.)
  • You can participate in your own anonymous thread, to help with the direction it goes....without revealing you are the OP.
  • If you see there's more information needed, you can PM the Mod with what needs added as a reply, and they can do so. (This needs to be limited to important information, not just a personal reply to every post, or the such.)
If you have any other suggestions for us to consider, to make it a better experience, please let us know.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
MrEden
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: Anonymity for the Anonymous

Post by MrEden »

Great idea! Thanks.

Please consider requiring login to read all sections. I am not so concerned about folks here reading my posts that might be sensitive at home, but the fact that many sections are open for anyone or anything to read, including internet archive sites.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

MrEden wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:45 am Please consider requiring login to read all sections. I am not so concerned about folks here reading my posts that might be sensitive at home, but the fact that many sections are open for anyone or anything to read, including internet archive sites.
I have no control over this, but my understanding from "hearing" PaulB's heart, is this would defeat a big part of TMB's heart and purpose. To close everything, means very little would get reached, meaning (I think, not techy here) no internet hits via searches, therefore less would be exposed to the truth and find this "safe place" to begin with...defeating the purpose.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
MrEden
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by MrEden »

Ok, thanks!
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

MrEden wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:45 am Please consider requiring login to read all sections. I am not so concerned about folks here reading my posts that might be sensitive at home, but the fact that many sections are open for anyone or anything to read, including internet archive sites.
I know it's not directly what you had in mind with your question, but in case you (or others) don't know, the forums that are NOT seen by guests/search engines are:

All Things Anal
Not So Common
Polls
On-Topic Chit Chat I was informed, and confirmed myself, that guests can see that. Admin team is looking into it...
Praying for Our Marriages / Praise Reports
I Want To Say Yes, But It's Hard To
Sexual Abuse
The six cancer forums (require joining the group to access)
Infidelity
Sexually Refused
For Those Who Say (or Said) No
Past Sexual Abuse (Engaged)

There are more, but I'm limited to 15 URLs per post...to be continued...

Edit: On-Topic Chit Chat is visible to guests...
Last edited by Link+Zelda on Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Note about On-Topic Chit Chat
-Link+Zelda
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

Continued from my previous post...

Everything in the Off Topic section is NOT seen by guests/search engines:

Chit Chat, Jokes, and More
Dead horses (moved from the on-topic section)
Goodbye
Health And Wellness
Off Topic Prayer Needs
None of the Above (Off Topic)

My suggestion is to post married-sex issues you don't want seen by guests/search engines into the On-Topic Chit Chat forum (EDIT: I've been informed, and have confirmed myself, that guests can see this. The Admin Team will look into it...), assuming they don't fit into any of the other forums that are already not seen by guests/search engines. You can make a note in the OP about privacy, if that's your desire. Something similar can be done using "None of the Above (Off Topic)" if it's a non-sexual marriage issue that doesn't fit.

Still hitting the URL limit, so more to come...to be concluded...

Edit: See note that On-Topic Chit Chat can be seen by guests.
Last edited by Link+Zelda on Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Note about On-Topic Chit Chat
-Link+Zelda
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

...concluding from my above posts:

Everything in the Non-Sexual Marriage Issues section is viewable by guests but NOT search engines:

Marriage Roles - Headship/Submission, Unsaved
Non-Sexual Romance
Finances, In-Laws, and Job Issues
Step Families
Grade School aged children
Teens
Grown Children
Caring For Mom and/or Dad
Other Non-sexual Marriage Issues
Places to go & things to do

For people with strong privacy concerns, it may be wise to consider the risks/rewards to posting in these forums that won't show up in search engines but can still be seen by guests.

Also, I've waffled on whether these last three posts should be their own topic. If you think so, let me know and I'll move them.
-Link+Zelda
MrEden
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by MrEden »

Thanks Link.

Everything in the Non-Sexual Marriage Issues section is viewable by guests but NOT search engines:
If login is not required, then search engines CAN also see these topics. The site merely REQUESTS that search engines do not spider the specified pages, but cannot prevent it. That said, most and probably all popular search engines honor the request.

What I am not sure about is if internet archive sites, which keep a running history of every version of every page, presumably FOREVER, honor the no-search-engine request. Here is a popular archive site, but there may be others:
https://archive.org/

Return to “Board Announcements”