Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Celebrity crush help?

What is lust? What isn't? How can I guard myself...
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Celebrity crush help?

Post by Duchess »

This isn't a whole lot different than what writers do. I have said before that I feel like there are too many versions of me to know who the real me was meant to be and the only way I can deal with that is to take all the ones that didn't come to full fruition and write about them in a story, with other characters, which is really a fantasy, though I hope what I end up with has some substance to it too. But to some degree, isn't fantasizing just using our imaginations? I am planning a question to explore this further, because it is something I have been pondering.
Nuri
Single
Single

Post by Nuri »

Duchess and SC, I really relate to what you are saying. I'm a writer too and have wondered if my imagination is a gift that the enemy is just trying to twist into something unhealthy.   I'd look forward to discussing this more for sure.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Every good gift the Father gives, the enemy comes to pervert and destroy it. Imagination is a good gift. But as with any strength, it can also be our greatest weakness. God redeems and Jesus and the word shows us how to overcome.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Nuri
Single
Single

Post by Nuri »

@SeekingChange That sounds like what I do, but then I get emotionally attached to the celebrity in my fantasy and take it to another level with going there to make myself feel better instead of going to the Lord or talking to my husband.  That fear of rejection is a real part of it!
Raymond
Double
Double

Post by Raymond »

That's a good answer. I don't have crushes on celebrities as a lot of them aren't nice people. I do have other fantasies things that are okay most of the time but sometimes when I am a little bit down, tired and lack of activity I can drift to this fantasy.  I realise it's not good but it just comes on me sometimes. The answer for me is to keep in faith in everything I do as when there is a vacuum it can be filled with the wrong thing. Sometimes I believe I have got the victory but then it seems to strike at a most unlikely time like when I've had a good bible study.  I know this is from the enemy and must be resisted.

Return to “Lust & Immodesty”