Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Would you stop a wedding at the last minute?

Other non-sexual marriage issues.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be read by guests, but ARE NOT seen by search engines.
BHF
Double
Double

Re: Would you stop a wedding at the last minute?

Post by BHF »

I actually have tried to stop a wedding within the week that it was supposed to happen. It wasn't a child but a family member. Told the pastor and he wanted to postpone the wedding until the issues were addressed and resolved, if it could be resolved at all. However, the bride (the family member) was turning a blind eye. It is now two and a half years later and they are getting divorced. I feel really guilty for not pushing the issue more initially because now there's a little baby involved (besides another child he has sired in his marriage). I vote for stopping a wedding before it happens.
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: Would you stop a wedding at the last minute?

Post by LovingHimAlways »

benny wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:32 am I would vote to stop it. Jitters or not if there's any doubt it's better to reschedule than a future divorce and possibly kids involved.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
I agree. It would be wise to postpone if there are any doubts.

If my ds/dd told me they were having second thoughts, I would strongly suggest that they wait rather than do something they may regret later.

Return to “Other Non-sexual Marriage Issues”