Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Who is in your love nest

How does God fit into our sex lives?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Mike smith
Single
Single

Who is in your love nest

Post by Mike smith »

It seems to me that our love nest can be quite crowded. it can include your parents saying that is not proper etc.,it can be your church - pastor saying sex is for pro creation, Satan saying think of how it would be with..... etc. It can even be the business of life. So I ask, who is in your love nest?
hastentheday
King bed
King bed

Re: Who is in your love nest

Post by hastentheday »

Mike smith wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:38 pm It seems to me that our love nest can be quite crowded. it can include your parents saying that is not proper etc.,it can be your church - pastor saying sex is for pro creation, Satan saying think of how it would be with..... etc. It can even be the business of life. So I ask, who is in your love nest?
What a great question, @Mike Smith! Besides the obvious one, the busyness of life, I'm going with brain waves, brain activity, the filled up brain with no more room, the thinking of what might have been done differently, what might have been said differently, mulling every situation that happened during the day to think upon if there was a better way. This is my DW and she will be the first to admit this. She constantly says on our scheduled nights: "Please tell my brain to stop!" Right away I know what it means and I give space while we wait for her brain to dump and crash, LOL :lol:
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I see the question of "What voices are in your head?" being another way to find an answer....

The biggest lie I hear is "you're not enough", not sure where it took root, but the origin of it has to be from the father of lies.

The other is just the busyness of my own mind, life doesn't have to be that busy for it to happen.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

When I first read the OP, I took it to be mostly related to the negative "don't do it" type influences - plenty of those around. But then at the end I saw the "business of life".

So, in that category, I have to put the kids. We are empty nesters now, but we weren't always, and I can well remember that the demands of raising them interfered greatly with our sex life, and having what we have now to compare to, the knowledge that we didn't have all that (time and freedom) during that stage of our life. We often discuss how what we do now wouldn't have been possible during those years with the kids in the house, and wonder if, had we gotten to the point that we are now back then would we have been highly frustrated because of the limitations that having the kids around placed on our MB.

Also, I'd have to add to the "life" category; illness - many MB's are affected by the physical (or mental) condition of one or both of the couple.

And, then, not an illness per se, but a normal part of life, there are those pesky hormones. They peak and wane over the years and the cycle thereof has a direct impact on what goes on in the MB IMO.
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

Our love nest is just full of life and children and all their dramas or whatever you want to call it. Add a thing or 2 pertaining to one of my hobbies, that was recently thrust into my lap. It's not DH's thing and he is always going to wash his hands of it, but lol, he never does, and he faithfully adds his help. But, it takes a real dedication right now, and I wonder how people do it. We mostly keep up with our sex schedule. But sometimes it feels like its just one more thing to check off. I know it's a season of life, but there are more teens coming along. Right now, it's good stresses and busyness. Then, add end of school activities, an unexpected funeral, extra company on top of everything else, our daughter's serious relationship with her bf, and you get a super full love nest.
olafthewise
King bed
King bed

Post by olafthewise »

Our childhoods formed the rules for sexuality. If you are rebellious, you hated the rules and the love nest is yours alone.
Mine is occupied by an enemy called pain, 3 babies, busy schedule of meal plans, messy house, shopping for necessities, family calls, government evil, social media (FB), too cold/too hot, hungry or stomach is upset, boredom, plans for the future look bleak (fear of the future), my/her/his body looks old, smells, is sore, is not young anymore, "not feeling it" (DW is so sexy), want to get away, only then sex will be good but cannot get away, church time, missed church, friend or relative is scheduled to call any minute, she hates me, hates my failure, hates my sex drive, hates my lack (her opinion) of empathy, was abused as a child, "I hate pleasing him" (her words), I'm tired so you should be too, nudity in the bedroom is weird and nobody does it, if I'm not "feeling it" then your sex drive should slow down and stop.
Oldbear
California King
California King

Post by Oldbear »

From a positive POV, the Lord is preeminently present in our love nest! We pray, plan, play, and have sex together with His Lordship and our deep gratitude for Him and our sacred marriage bond as ‘the main thing.’
Graypoet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Graypoet »

Sound advice from Mr. & Mrs. Oldbear👏!
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 2

Return to “The Theology of Sex”