Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Adultery and Idolatry

How does God fit into our sex lives?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
RedsPastor
Single
Single

Re: Adultery and Idolatry

Post by RedsPastor »

Doug wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:24 pm When Adam was created, he had perfect communion with God, and yet, what does the Bible say. It is not good for the man to be alone. God didn't intend for us to be in fellowship with him and him alone, but rather with each other and especially with our spouses. I am not enough of a theologian to explain why he designed us that way, but he clearly did.
That has alwasy fascinated me as well. The ONLY answer I can come up with is this: just as man was created in God's image, and the Godhead enjoys the fellowship and companionship of each other, so too, man was created in such a way that he wasn't designed to be alone, and God made woman for him., This is why woman is the "Ezer Kenegdo" of man, opposite but equal to him in everway. Incidentally, the woman and man words are one of my favorite "plays" on wording in the hebrew. Man is "ish" (eesh) and woman is "ishah" (eeshah). In Hebrew, if I remember correctly, adding "ah" to a noun gives it the feminine quality. Thus woman, since she was taken from man, is the feminine couterpart and equal to men. Or, as Adam put it...."WO---MAN!!!" :lol:

This just hit me, regarding the "design" comment. I've heard it said before that all sin is "a break in God's design". Regarding both idolatry and adultery, they are both a break in God's design. We weren't designed to have multiple spouses (key word being designed...yes, many in the OT did) and we weren't designed to have a relationship with any God other than the one true God.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. -- 1 Corinithians 15:10

Return to “The Theology of Sex”