Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Some wives don't want to be compared to an appliance...

How does God fit into our sex lives?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Re: Some wives don't want to be compared to an appliance...

Post by MrMarried »

I do not generally compare my wife to an appliance, but some times when I want more sex than she does, she says, "I am not a robot."

I told her a week or two ago, I just don't get it. Robots are hard and metal. I don't want to have sex with a robot. Most robots do not have sex. She said robots were without feelings. I want her to have feelings when she has sex, so to me it is a metaphor that I do not relate with well.
Hereiam
Single
Single

Post by Hereiam »

For me it depends on my mental state. If my anxiety is high that day attempting to deal with “constant” flirting it more than I can deal with. I have learned on those days I need to tell him where my head is at. That way he can help instead of being a hindrance.
DesertDweller
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by DesertDweller »

Are you saying I shouldn’t accuse her of being a toaster when she rolls over on me in the middle of the night, and her body temperature has more degrees than a small block Chevy has cubic inches? (That’s basically 283 to 350 for non-car nuts)
Just curious.
;)
LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Post by LBD »

Crazydaddy wrote:Lol...when we had our oldest child I was an animal science major and was taking a really interesting cattle production class. To keep it brief...pregnant wives don't like having their systems compared to bovine systems and nursing wives don't love being referred to as holstein.
:lol: especially when they are using the pump!

Well, most don’t. Mine actually made that comparison herself :lol:

Just don’t tell her she’s “springing” :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
::dog
LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Post by LBD »

MrMarried wrote:I do not generally compare my wife to an appliance, but some times when I want more sex than she does, she says, "I am not a robot."

I told her a week or two ago, I just don't get it.
I would expect she was referring to the idea that robots just perform on demand without question. Perform a service without needing anything from it. I would suggest you might look behind that statement to see if you can ascertain what it is she is needing but feels you may not know how to supply or that she needs it at all. It’s likely not a sexual or physical need.

It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Post by LBD »

I think maybe a better metaphor might be one I heard a favorite comic use: men are like two-cycle engines and women like diesels. Fire a 2-C up and it is at full strength immediately, quick response, fast power, limited lifespan. Diesels take a little while to get up to full performance (for the non-mechanical types, it’s because they are heat and pressure dependent), and if it’s cold, they’ll need some help to get started, but once you get them up to temp, they can run on, and on, and on....

Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Duchess »

LBD wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:01 am I think maybe a better metaphor might be one I heard a favorite comic use: men are like two-cycle engines and women like diesels. Fire a 2-C up and it is at full strength immediately, quick response, fast power, limited lifespan. Diesels take a little while to get up to full performance (for the non-mechanical types, it’s because they are heat and pressure dependent), and if it’s cold, they’ll need some help to get started, but once you get them up to temp, they can run on, and on, and on....

Yes! I have been using this analogy for years! :lol: :lol:
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

LBD wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:57 am
MrMarried wrote:I do not generally compare my wife to an appliance, but some times when I want more sex than she does, she says, "I am not a robot."

I told her a week or two ago, I just don't get it.
I would expect she was referring to the idea that robots just perform on demand without question. Perform a service without needing anything from it. I would suggest you might look behind that statement to see if you can ascertain what it is she is needing but feels you may not know how to supply or that she needs it at all. It’s likely not a sexual or physical need.
I asked her about it and it is more about me wanting it a lot and her body not being able to keep up with that, or so she thinks. I think 'robot' and I think metal and sharp edges.
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

ALL_IN wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:22 pm I learned something last night after 22+ years being married to my DW....and I quote, "I am NOT a slow cooker, do not compare me to a slow cooker." At first I was a bit shocked, but she went on to say that she's tired of these Cliche's..."waffles and spaghetti, microwaves and slow cookers". I get her point, but it's just a word picture...no need to get testy! :-)

So to get more to the point...switching her on in the morning, and allowing her to warm up all day till she's hot and ready at night doesn't describe her. So I asked point blank...do you want me to just skip all that during the day and be blunt at night? Yes...she just said yes.

Is she the only one? I was always under the impression that woman liked to be romanced and pursued, flirted with etc...I also realize generalities aren't always true.

What say you Wives?
I think she was just irritated because that cliche doesn't describe her. I'm not like that either.

My DH offered another analogy that men are like fire and women water. It takes fire a bit to bring the water to a boil (that doesn't apply to your DW or me) and when both are hot you get steam. However, that analogy doesn't hold up when you think about water being used to douse fire (or maybe it does) as it's usually not a woman's high drive that quells the man's (although like I said it could I guess).

Anyway, I think women like to be pursued, but not for the chance of sex. Just because we are amazing.
Wife of 20 years
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

I read this entire thread to DW. She liked David's analogy above.

She invited me to respond on her behalf and relate that she tells me that I am like sleeping with an oven. If I've heard that once, I've heard it more than a bunch of times.

An oven..... Should I be offended?

Why couldn't I have been a called a short block Chevy engine....(283 Power Pack with three deuces would be my preference)

Return to “The Theology of Sex”