Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Something new

How does God fit into our sex lives?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Something new

Post by Duchess »

This morning, my husband read the scripture during the service and I was so emotionally moved to hear him reading such powerful words, in the wonderfully dramatic reading voice God gave him, that I both teared up, AND actually became a little bit aroused. I have heard, enjoyed, and been moved by his reading before, but this is the first time I ever--that I remember--started feeling a little frisky.

Has anyone else had this (or a similar) experience?
benny
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: Something new

Post by benny »

Awesome

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

Duchess wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:26 pm This morning, my husband read the scripture during the service and I was so emotionally moved to hear him reading such powerful words, in the wonderfully dramatic reading voice God gave him, that I both teared up, AND actually became a little bit aroused. I have heard, enjoyed, and been moved by his reading before, but this is the first time I ever--that I remember--started feeling a little frisky.

This is really cool and honestly, it does not surprise me in the least. Human voice can be a turn on and if you mix in God's written word, who knows how the spirit will move?!

There was a thread back in January about "Uncommon turn ons". I think your experience would be a great addition to the list compiled there.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2739
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Twue_Wuv
King bed
King bed

Post by Twue_Wuv »

The other night my wife was turned on by my reading a Dr. Seuss book to two of our boys at bedtime.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Lorelei
Double
Double

Post by Lorelei »

I was just telling my husband tonight that sometimes when I’m watching him preach, his expressive hands catch my eye when he gestures or something and it gives me a shiver thinking about what those hands can do to me. Have to drag my attention back to the message!
Lorelei
Graypoet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Graypoet »

This is a neat and interesting post. I have read of voice being a turn on. To me it shows how much much love the posters have for their spouse.
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 2
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

Maybe this is an 'alpha' leadership display that women are attracted to.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

MrMarried wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 am Maybe this is an 'alpha' leadership display that women are attracted to.
Maybe...or it could just be considered "spiritual" leadership (as I suggested in another post that is important to the family). Did every woman there get turned on? Probably not, which to me indicates the relational component to what occurred with Duchess. My wife can get turned on/feel a strong draw and attraction to me as I show spiritual leadership inside and outside the home through outright leadership, spiritual conversation or even just reading my Bible in the home.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Duchess wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:26 pm This morning, my husband read the scripture during the service and I was so emotionally moved to hear him reading such powerful words, in the wonderfully dramatic reading voice God gave him, that I both teared up, AND actually became a little bit aroused. I have heard, enjoyed, and been moved by his reading before, but this is the first time I ever--that I remember--started feeling a little frisky.

Apparently, it happened to my wife on Easter as well. :o ::pray ::praise

We were talking about a question to ask here and DW told me about what she experienced on Easter and I told her someone already beat her to the punch on TMB. :lol:
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

Duchess wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:26 pm Has anyone else had this (or a similar) experience?
Sounds like a spiritual attraction. I had one for a guest pastor when I was in high school. It's common to experience "friskiness" after being attracted.
Wife of 20 years

Return to “The Theology of Sex”