Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

04/20/21 - If you went to heaven....

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Re: 04/20/21 - If you went to heaven....

Post by LovingHimAlways »

My parents and my Papaw :)
ALL_IN
King bed
King bed

Post by ALL_IN »

My grandmother... She and I were inseparable when she was alive

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Graypoet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Graypoet »

My parents, who raised me in the church, my mother in law from whom I learned about the gifts of the Spirit and the pastor who performed our wedding ceremony.
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 2
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

It is difficult to name just one, so I am going to 'cheat' a bit.

If it is just one person, then my mother. However, my desire would be for me to meet ALL my family; parents, grandparents, uncles, and aunts. I have fond memories of all these people and not a day goes by that I don't think of them.

Aside from my family, there are many people who lived well before me that I would like to meet. Biblical people that would top my list include Peter, Lazarus, Paul, and from the OT, Moses.

Outside of Biblical people, I would love to meet Socrates, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, and given my science background, a handful of the people responsible for quantum mechanics and relativity (Einstein, Bohr, Schrodinger, Dirac, John Bell [of Bell's Inequality fame], and many more).
Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Violet »

SeekingChange wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:14 am If you went to heaven for a day, other than Jesus, who would be the first person you would look for?
I don't think I'd be looking for anyone aside from Jesus because I'd be begging and pleading to STAY!

If I knew I'd be going back soon, I'd look for our babies.
Wife of 20 years
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

There are way too many people I've lost. I can't decide.

Lost pregnancies. Aunts and uncles. My grandparents. I'd love to meet my paternal grandfather. These are reunions I often think about.
Wife of 21 years
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

My mother.

Now that I've raised some children of my own, and have some grandchildren to observe as well, I want to dig her up and ask her how I survived my childhood at all. She was NOT a patient woman. And, she had more than just me to deal with.

I'm pretty sure that if ADD and ADHD would have been buzzwords back when I was a child, I'd have been thusly diagnosed and probably sedated into oblivion.

But they weren't, and I wasn't, so, especially now, being older and watching my grand sons, I wonder how I managed to still be alive. I did get beaten within an inch of my life on more than a few occasions, so I guess that tells me something. She could work a belt real well, and wasn't real sparing of using it.

But, I'd also give her a little more respect for what she did raising a houseful of kids with the alcoholic husband that she had and keeping us all out of the Foster program when she booted him.

She was a tough woman!!!!!

Return to “Question of the Day”